We only have a small window of time before school boards adopt or refute an aggressive LGBT curriculum model presented to them by the California Board of Education. This curriculum is bold and would affect students in kindergarten through high school statewide.
Concerned Women for America (CWA) has joined an effort of like-minded, pro-family organizations to educate parents, teachers, administrators, and school board members about the current implementation of SB 48, a California bill passed in 2011. We hope to equip you with insight to make a difference in your area and protect our children from an unnecessary overreach by the state.
You can help end this liberal agenda that is attempting to influence children and young adults through our school system. We have provided talking points to give you a deeper understanding of the issues. Please take a bold stand in prayer and action and approach your local school board and parents of students with the information provided. There is power in the combination of both prayer and action.
“What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions?” – James 2:14a
How You Can Pray
- Please pray for the Lord to soften the hearts of the school board members and for parents to receive knowledge to protect their kids from exposure to a harmful curriculum.
- Please pray that the Lord would open doors to mightily influence parents and school board members.
- Please pray for boldness as we speak about SB 48 in love and as we encourage others to do the same.
Please pray the plans of the enemy will be thwarted by the prayers of the saints. “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” – Ephesians 6:12
What You Can Do
- Become informed: Read the talking points and review the legal memorandum.
- Inform others: Share information from the legal memorandum and talking points with those in your sphere of influence. If you have school-age children, share this information with other parents. Additionally, provide information to appropriate leadership at your church. If you know a like-minded teacher, administrator, or school board member, offer the information to those directly involved in decision-making at your school.
- Stand for righteousness: Our children and grandchildren need us to stand in the gap! Please don’t just read this and move on. We have an opportunity to protect the children of California – the next generation. Share this information with your family, friends, and church.
- Stay informed and engaged: Be sure you read, act, and pray on all of CWA’s e-alerts. If this e-alert has been forwarded to you and you would like to be on our e-alert list, please go to ConcernedWomen.org and fill in your information below the “Stay Informed” section. You will then receive both national and state e-alerts. If you would only like to receive state e-alerts, contact us and we will be sure to add you to that list. We will keep you updated on SB 48 and other important bills. Also, be sure to LIKE our Facebook page, Concerned Women for America of California.
If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask. Please include your contact information and the area where you reside so we can direct you to any local resources.
In His service,