Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Religious Liberty as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Example of Paul
- Paul went to the synagogue (the political forum of that time) to reason with both Jews and Greeks. He used the religious climate at that time to introduce the Gospel of Christ into their culture. (Acts 17:16-24, Paul’s sermon in Athens; Acts 18:4, his preaching in the synagogue.)
God calls us to be subject to the governing authorities. Apostle’s example: Obey God rather than man. These two should be able to co-exist. They should not be in opposition to one another.
- “For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.” (Romans 13:3)
Sometimes the authority is in opposition to God and in those cases, we must obey God.
- “But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: ‘We ought to obey God rather than men.’” (Acts 5:29)
Example of Daniel
- King Darius took away religious freedom, but Daniel chose to exercise his God-given freedom to worship. He was punished, but gained freedom for the rest of the nation because of his obedience in worshipping God. (Daniel 6:8-27)
Concerns and Goals
We are concerned about:
- The trend of government to diminish and disregard the God-given inalienable rights of individuals.
- The erosion of religious liberty and the legal and cultural imposition of anti-Judeo-Christian philosophies upon our society. We include the left’s agenda requiring taxpayer-funding of contraception and abortion which forces many American citizens, businesses and organizations to violate their deeply-held religious convictions.
We are working to see:
- Our government strengthen and renew its commitment to respect and protect each individual’s exercise of his God-given inalienable rights.
- The protection and preservation of religious liberty as provided in the United States Constitution.
Religious Liberty Articles
CEO and President Penny Nance published the following opinion piece on FoxNews.com this Easter weekend. “Like millions of other families, my family’s Easter will be very different this year. Years…
CWA’s CEO and President, Penny Nance, penned the following opinion piece for The Washington Examiner about Christianity Today’s recent editorial opining that President Trump should be removed from office. “The…
Concerned Women for America’s International Affairs team consisting of Dr. Shea Garrison and Ashley Traficant, published an article in The Hill showcasing how Anti-semitism is on the rise throughout the…
President Trump will combat anti-Semitism on college campuses by signing an executive order enabling the government to withhold federal funds from universities allowing anti-Semitic activity. This order recognizes anti-Semitism as…
CWA’s Founder and former Chairman of the Board, Mrs. Beverly LaHaye, addressed the Board, CWA staff and employees, volunteers and former staff at the organization’s 40th Anniversary Gala. She credited…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE …
CWA CEO and President Penny Nance spoke with Patrick Hussion about the impact of elections on women’s lives and what is important to women voters.
Dr. Shea Garrison, Concerned Women for America’s (CWA) Vice President for International Affairs, interviews CWA’s CEO & President Penny Nance about her recent op-ed in The Federalist “My Son’s Freshman…