Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Religious Liberty as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Example of Paul
- Paul went to the synagogue (the political forum of that time) to reason with both Jews and Greeks. He used the religious climate at that time to introduce the Gospel of Christ into their culture. (Acts 17:16-24, Paul’s sermon in Athens; Acts 18:4, his preaching in the synagogue.)
God calls us to be subject to the governing authorities. Apostle’s example: Obey God rather than man. These two should be able to co-exist. They should not be in opposition to one another.
- “For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.” (Romans 13:3)
Sometimes the authority is in opposition to God and in those cases, we must obey God.
- “But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: ‘We ought to obey God rather than men.’” (Acts 5:29)
Example of Daniel
- King Darius took away religious freedom, but Daniel chose to exercise his God-given freedom to worship. He was punished, but gained freedom for the rest of the nation because of his obedience in worshipping God. (Daniel 6:8-27)
Concerns and Goals
We are concerned about:
- The trend of government to diminish and disregard the God-given inalienable rights of individuals.
The erosion of religious liberty, increased hostility toward houses of worship, government diminishment of churches as non-essential, and the legal and cultural imposition of anti
- Judeo-Christian philosophies upon our society. We include the left’s agenda requiring taxpayer-funding of abortion which forces many American citizens, businesses organizations and medical professionals to violate their deeply-held religious convictions.
We are working to see:
- Our government strengthen and renew its commitment to respect and protect each individual’s exercise of his God-given inalienable rights.
- The protection and preservation of religious liberty as provided in the United States Constitution.
Religious Liberty Articles
For Immediate Release: November 03, 2022 Contact: email@example.com@womensliberationfront.org Women’s Groups File Joint Amicus Brief to Protect Free Speech in Legal Profession “Lawyers cannot be held hostage by political activism”…
The She Prays She Votes bus tour is a concrete representation—a tribute—to the truth that the Lord is sovereign over all things, which includes American politics. Every American has the…
The legacy media lies. I hope you know that. They distort the truth and paint everything in the light most favorable to their preferred political desires. In other words, they…
Your voice is needed. The U.S. House of Representatives is returning from its August recess this Friday, August 12, to take up the so-called “Inflation Reduction Act.” Your Representatives need…
Who defines what is? It’s a strange question. Most people would struggle to even grasp the question at first. The point is reality. Who defines it? The Founding Fathers had…
Now-retired Justice Stephen Breyer’s dissenting opinions in Carson v. Makin, one of the U.S. Supreme Court’s latest cases clarifying America’s robust religious liberty protections, reveals one of the fundamental misunderstandings…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEJune 27, 2022Contact: Katie Everett, Press Secretarykeverett@cwfa.org571-420-2488 WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today’s U.S. Supreme Court’s 6-3 ruling in Kennedy v. Bremerton School District, which found Coach Joe Kennedy’s…
For Immediate ReleaseApril 5, 2022Contact: Katie Everett, Press Secretarykeverett@cwfa.org571-420-2488 Sen. Hyde-Smith and Rep. Miller Submit Proclamation into the Record Washington, D.C. – Concerned Women for America Legislative Action Committee (CWALAC)…