Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Religious Liberty as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Example of Paul
- Paul went to the synagogue (the political forum of that time) to reason with both Jews and Greeks. He used the religious climate at that time to introduce the Gospel of Christ into their culture. (Acts 17:16-24, Paul’s sermon in Athens; Acts 18:4, his preaching in the synagogue.)
God calls us to be subject to the governing authorities. Apostle’s example: Obey God rather than man. These two should be able to co-exist. They should not be in opposition to one another.
- “For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.” (Romans 13:3)
Sometimes the authority is in opposition to God and in those cases, we must obey God.
- “But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: ‘We ought to obey God rather than men.’” (Acts 5:29)
Example of Daniel
- King Darius took away religious freedom, but Daniel chose to exercise his God-given freedom to worship. He was punished, but gained freedom for the rest of the nation because of his obedience in worshipping God. (Daniel 6:8-27)
Concerns and Goals
We are concerned about:
- The trend of government to diminish and disregard the God-given inalienable rights of individuals.
The erosion of religious liberty, increased hostility toward houses of worship, government diminishment of churches as non-essential, and the legal and cultural imposition of anti
- Judeo-Christian philosophies upon our society. We include the left’s agenda requiring taxpayer-funding of abortion which forces many American citizens, businesses organizations and medical professionals to violate their deeply-held religious convictions.
We are working to see:
- Our government strengthen and renew its commitment to respect and protect each individual’s exercise of his God-given inalienable rights.
- The protection and preservation of religious liberty as provided in the United States Constitution.
Religious Liberty Articles
What is Critical Race Theory (CRT)? CRT is a lens through which people can choose to view the world, and it presents a society in which there are two categories…
A historic win for religious liberty at the United States Supreme Court today in Fulton v. Philadelphia! And you know who was the only group present at the Supreme Court to celebrate this landmark decision? That’s right, Concerned…
If you’re a believer, you’ve probably found yourself wondering more than a few times lately, where have people of faith been throughout these pressing cultural debates? As Christians, we are…
Penny Nance, Concerned Women for America’s CEO and President weighed in on the Cancel Culture’s newest victim in her Real Clear Politics op-ed: “Time and again, the Left tried and…
Penny Nance joined CBN News this week to discuss the state of religious freedom in America and beyond. Here’s what Penny had to say, “Religious freedom is a universal human…
Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America, discussed on CBN’s Faith Nation the CDC guidelines on churches. Penny had this to say: “We recognize that there is a…
By Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America The latest dust-up with corporate America over Georgia’s new common-sense election law is just the latest example of how…
During this Holy Week, I have been reminded of the intentional purpose of God – of the plans He lays out for His creation well in advance of the times…