Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established National Sovereignty as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
The leaders of any nation have a responsibility to defend life and punish those who take the life and liberty of others.
“For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.” (Romans 13:4)
God sets the times and places of the nations and calls them to obedience.
“And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being…” (Acts 17:26-28a)
“…if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
We are concerned about:
1. The loss of national sovereignty to international organizations and other foreign powers through judicial and administrative decisions.
2. The lack of border security to protect America from terrorists and all illegal immigration.
3. Judges who exceed their authority to interpret law by intruding on the authority of the legislative and executive branches of government.
4. The security of our nation and the increasing pressure to weaken the country’s defenses.
5. The fiscal responsibility of the U.S. government including the national debt and its impact on the economic well-being of the nation.
We are working to see:
1. A reaffirmation of the independence of the United States and protection of the right to self-government without legal recognition of any foreign authority as to the interpretation of the U.S. Constitution.
2. Our nation develop and maintain strong border controls to protect us from foreign terrorists and the flow of illegal immigration. We welcome legal immigrants, especially those fleeing government persecution because of their religious beliefs or other basic human rights.
3. The nomination and confirmation of highly qualified individuals as judges who have demonstrated a commitment to the limited role of the judicial branch, the rule of law and respect for the text of the state and U.S. Constitutions.
4. The United States deploy the strongest national defense system in the world as a deterrent to foreign aggression.
5. Budget restraint which embodies responsible spending, small government and a budget in which the U.S. government spends within its means and ceases to steal from future generations.
Click here to view CWA’s downloadable brochures, push cards, white papers, and reports.
WASHINGTON — Penny Nance, CEO and president of Concerned Women for America, issues the following statement praising President Trump’s third State of the Union Address, titled “The Great American Comeback”:…
A message from CEO and President Penny Nance: Most likely, you have been following the U.S. military action taken against Iranian terrorist Qassem Suleimani but I wanted you to have…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE …
This week the House expressed opposition to the anti-Semitic BDS Movement by passing H. Res. 246, “Opposing efforts to delegitimize the State of Israel and the Global Boycott, Divestment, and…
June is designated LGBT Pride Month, and rainbows are displayed on everywhere from T-shirts to restaurant chains to the Uber app. Even with all the gay pride flags, parades, and…
CEO and President Penny Nance is featured in The Western Journal along with other top faith leaders such as Franklin Graham, Tony Perkins and Gary Bauer. “Some of the nation’s…
According to recent news reports, the Trump administration has instructed U.S. delegates to the United Nations to replace the term “sexual reproductive health” with those like “reproduction and the related health services” and the…
The following is a statement made by Mrs. Beverly LaHaye, Concerned Women for America’s Founder and Chairwoman; Penny Nance, CWA’s CEO and President; and CWA’s board members, Jean Crisp, Janne Myrdal,…
Quick — somebody please remind Democratic Senators Kamala Harris (D-California) and Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) that they’re members of what’s supposed to be the tolerant party. Based on the bigoted questions…
Join CWA for a panel event co-sponsored by The Heritage Foundation on “How to Protect International Religious freedom from the Politicization of Human Rights”. This event is a side event…
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The issue of Immigration is very complicated and fraught with emotional and political landmines. The truth is that both Democrats and Republicans have used the issue to rev…