Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established National Sovereignty as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
The leaders of any nation have a responsibility to defend life and punish those who take the life and liberty of others.
- “For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.” (Romans 13:4)
God sets the times and places of the nations and calls them to obedience.
- “And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being…” (Acts 17:26-28a)
- “…if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
Concerns and Goals
We are concerned about:
- The loss of national sovereignty to international organizations and other foreign powers through judicial and administrative decisions.
- The lack of border security to protect America from terrorists and all illegal immigration.
- Judges who exceed their authority to interpret law by intruding on the authority of the legislative and executive branches of government.
- The security of our nation and the increasing pressure to weaken the country’s defenses.
- The fiscal responsibility of the U.S. government including the national debt and its impact on the economic well-being of the nation.
- The encroachment of Sharia Law and other forms of foreign law (including U.N. treaties and resolutions) into our American judicial systems. We also fear the usurpation of human rights and dignity by Islamic fascist regimes around the world.
We are working to see:
- A reaffirmation of the exceptionalism and independence of the United States and protection of the right to self-government without legal recognition of any foreign authority as to the interpretation of the U.S. Constitution.
- Our nation develop and maintain strong border controls to protect us from foreign terrorists and the flow of illegal immigration. We welcome legal immigrants, especially those fleeing government persecution because of their religious beliefs or other basic human rights.
- The nomination and confirmation of highly qualified individuals as judges who have demonstrated a commitment to the limited role of the judicial branch, the rule of law and respect for the text of the state and U.S. Constitutions.
- The United States deploy the strongest national defense system in the world as a deterrent to foreign aggression.
- Encouragement of economic freedom, participation in free markets, private enterprise, small and limited government, and budget restraint in which the U.S. government spends within its means and ceases to steal from future generations.
- That legislation is put in place by state legislatures and the federal government to ensure that only American law is used in American courts. We will also work to protect the God-given rights endowed by our Creator in countries around the globe.
National Sovereignty Articles
Enough is enough. The unprecedented raid of the personal residence of former President of the United States Donald J. Trump strikes at core foundational principles of liberty. Americans, regardless of…
For many people today, July 4th is a holiday filled with picnics, friends, and fireworks. But it is also a commemoration of America’s Declaration of Independence. The freedom call was…
Prayer for Peace, Memorial Day, May 21, 1987 By the President of the United States of America A Proclamation Any American who has ever listened to a…
Sixty-eight U.S. Senators Request the U.S. Government’s Engagement to Reform the United Nations Human Rights Council. On April 1, the United Nations Human Rights Council (HRC) closed its 49th session…
Please email, call, or tweet (perhaps all three) your representative through our Action Center HERE and urge him or her to oppose this weapon of intimidation to persecute those holding…
Vladimir Putin, President of Russia, is threatening to invade Ukraine. He has sent 100,000 troops to prepare for the invasion. Ukraine, which had been a part of the Soviet Union,…
In the latest attempt to institute a federal takeover of our elections, House Democrats recently hijacked an unrelated bipartisan National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) bill as a vehicle to…
For Immediate Release December 7, 2021 Contact: Katie Everett, Press Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org CWALAC Celebrates Removal of NDAA Provision Drafting Our Daughters Washington, D.C. – Last night, harmful language requiring women…