Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established National Sovereignty as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
The leaders of any nation have a responsibility to defend life and punish those who take the life and liberty of others.
“For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.” (Romans 13:4)
God sets the times and places of the nations and calls them to obedience.
“And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being…” (Acts 17:26-28a)
“…if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
We are concerned about:
1. The loss of national sovereignty to international organizations and other foreign powers through judicial and administrative decisions.
2. The lack of border security to protect America from terrorists and all illegal immigration.
3. Judges who exceed their authority to interpret law by intruding on the authority of the legislative and executive branches of government.
4. The security of our nation and the increasing pressure to weaken the country’s defenses.
5. The fiscal responsibility of the U.S. government including the national debt and its impact on the economic well-being of the nation.
We are working to see:
1. A reaffirmation of the independence of the United States and protection of the right to self-government without legal recognition of any foreign authority as to the interpretation of the U.S. Constitution.
2. Our nation develop and maintain strong border controls to protect us from foreign terrorists and the flow of illegal immigration. We welcome legal immigrants, especially those fleeing government persecution because of their religious beliefs or other basic human rights.
3. The nomination and confirmation of highly qualified individuals as judges who have demonstrated a commitment to the limited role of the judicial branch, the rule of law and respect for the text of the state and U.S. Constitutions.
4. The United States deploy the strongest national defense system in the world as a deterrent to foreign aggression.
5. Budget restraint which embodies responsible spending, small government and a budget in which the U.S. government spends within its means and ceases to steal from future generations.
By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. — 1 John 3:16 …
This morning I attended the small town funeral of a World War II veteran. He served in the Air Force B-24 Bomber Squadron, 8th Air Force, England. Watching the presentation…
As women who are concerned for America, why do we do what we do? Why support lobbying efforts, write letters to Congress, make phone calls to the White House, and…
Washington, D.C. –Today, Judge Gorsuch, soon-to-be Justice Gorsuch, was confirmed 54-45 to be the next Associate Supreme Court Justice of the United States with bi-partisan support. Penny Nance, CEO and President…
There is a deep valor in standing up for one’s own nation. Believing in a nation’s sovereignty literally means believing in the state’s right to “self-govern.” It is the patriotism…
Washington, D.C. – As of Tuesday evening, the final conference report for the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) has dropped the provision forcing women to register for the draft. Instead,…
Washington, D.C. – Penny Nance, CEO & President of Concerned Women for America (CWA), the nation’s largest public policy women’s organization, made the following comments on the news that President-elect…
Cleveland, OH -Thursday, July 21, Penny Nance CEO and President of Concerned Women for America said: “Donald Trump made further gains with American voters by powerfully challenging the narrative that America’s…
Last week, the Obama Administration lifted the ban on transgender individuals openly serving in the military, proving again where their priorities lie.
Washington, D.C. – Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America (CWA) had this to say on the passing of Justice Antonin Scalia
Washington, D.C. -Saturday night, during the ABC GOP debate, candidates were asked about women serving in combat and being called to register for the draft if it were to ever…
Washington, D.C. – Today, Iranian media announced they will release four U.S. citizens in a prisoner swap. The prisoners include Jason Rezaian, a Washington Post journalist; Amir Hekmat, a former U.S. Marine; Pastor Saeed…