Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established National Sovereignty as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
The leaders of any nation have a responsibility to defend life and punish those who take the life and liberty of others.
- “For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.” (Romans 13:4)
God sets the times and places of the nations and calls them to obedience.
- “And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being…” (Acts 17:26-28a)
- “…if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
Concerns and Goals
We are concerned about:
- The loss of national sovereignty to international organizations and other foreign powers through judicial and administrative decisions.
- The lack of border security to protect America from terrorists and all illegal immigration.
- Judges who exceed their authority to interpret law by intruding on the authority of the legislative and executive branches of government.
- The security of our nation and the increasing pressure to weaken the country’s defenses.
- The fiscal responsibility of the U.S. government including the national debt and its impact on the economic well-being of the nation.
- The encroachment of Sharia Law and other forms of foreign law (including U.N. treaties and resolutions) into our American judicial systems. We also fear the usurpation of human rights and dignity by Islamic fascist regimes around the world.
We are working to see:
- A reaffirmation of the exceptionalism and independence of the United States and protection of the right to self-government without legal recognition of any foreign authority as to the interpretation of the U.S. Constitution.
- Our nation develop and maintain strong border controls to protect us from foreign terrorists and the flow of illegal immigration. We welcome legal immigrants, especially those fleeing government persecution because of their religious beliefs or other basic human rights.
- The nomination and confirmation of highly qualified individuals as judges who have demonstrated a commitment to the limited role of the judicial branch, the rule of law and respect for the text of the state and U.S. Constitutions.
- The United States deploy the strongest national defense system in the world as a deterrent to foreign aggression.
- Encouragement of economic freedom, participation in free markets, private enterprise, small and limited government, and budget restraint in which the U.S. government spends within its means and ceases to steal from future generations.
- That legislation is put in place by state legislatures and the federal government to ensure that only American law is used in American courts. We will also work to protect the God-given rights endowed by our Creator in countries around the globe.
National Sovereignty Articles
Just recently, the Biden Administration announced the U.S. strike on Afghanistan killed civilians among those seven children from the same extended family. The same day France announced the recall of…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 24, 2021 Contact: Jacklyn Washington firstname.lastname@example.org Washington, D.C. — Last night the U.S. House of Representatives voted 316-113, including 135 Republicans, to approve H.R. 4350, the FY2022…
For Immediate Release September 14, 2021 Contact: Jacklyn Washington 202-748-3501 email@example.com Concerned Women: Biden’s Vaccine Mandate Unwise & Unconstitutional Washington, D.C. — Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for…
Just a few days shy of the 20th commemoration of September 11, 2001, America is staring down a new tragedy waiting to unfold with the situation in Afghanistan. Our people,…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE August 31, 2021 Contact: Jacklyn Washington 202-748-3501 firstname.lastname@example.org Organizations Representing Millions of Americans Send Message to Congress: Don’t Draft Our Daughters Washington, D.C. – As the House Armed…
Members of our Concerned Women for America staff are deeply impacted by yesterday’s terrorist attack at the Kabul airport that took the lives of 13 U.S. servicemembers. This is the…
Waking up this morning felt like being trapped in a nightmare or a scene straight out of a Hollywood film. Just short of 20 years after the terror attacks of…