It has always been understood that boys use the boy’s rooms and girls use the girl’s rooms. Now it’s more about going to the bathroom with which one most identifies. If one feels like a girl, though one is a biological male, one should be able to use the girl’s bathroom and locker room. Yes? No!
This is dangerous and violates student privacy and safety. Illinois children need our help and protection in this growing feelings based society. Let’s do all we can to give it!
An April 5, 2016, hearing has been set for HB4474, known as the Pupil Physical Privacy Act. Introduced by Rep.Thomas Morrison (R- District 54), this bill would:
- Add clarity to the Illinois School Code with regard to locker room and bathroom usage.
- Require schools to separate these spaces according to anatomy, or gender listed on a birth certificate.
“It’s reasonable, it’s rational, it’s common sense to separate these restrooms and locker rooms, these most intimate of spaces, by an individual’s anatomy rather than by one’s gender identity, “ – Rep. Thomas Morrison
- Illinois legislators will protect students’ right to privacy and safety.
- Illinois students will be afforded private, safe facilities according to their biological sex.
- Wisdom and common sense will prevail concerning this issue.
- Call and e-mail members of the Human Services Committee and urge them to support HB4474. Click here for their names and contact information.
- Call and e-mail your state representative and urge him/her to co-sponsor and support the passage of HB 4474. Click here for Illinois House Directory. Click here to find out who your representative is and how to contact them.
- Urge your pastors, school administrators, teachers, parents of school-aged children, etc. to contact their state representative to support HB 4474.
- If time allows, commend the sponsors of HB4474 listed below. Click on each name for contact information.
- Please attend the Human Services Committee Hearing on HB 4474 on April 5 at 8:00 a.m. in the Stratton Building (Room C-1) at 401 S. Spring Street, Springfield, IL 62706.
CWA of Illinois applauds the current House sponsors of HB4474:
Thomas Morrison (R-District 54)
Mary E. Flowers (D-District 31)
Sheri Jesiel (R-District 61)
Mark Batinick (R-District 97)
Dwight Kay (R-District 112)
Jeanne M. Ives (R-District 42)
Bill Mitchell (R-District 101)
John M. Cabello (R-District 68),
Reginald Phillips (R-District 110),
John D. Anthony (R-District 75)
Barbara Wheeler (R-District 64)
C.D. Davidsmeyer (R-District 100)
Keith R. Wheeler (R-District 50),
David B. Reis (R-District 109)
Adam Brown (R-District 102)
Charles Meier (R-District 108)
Randy E. Frese (R-District 94)
Joe Sosnowski (R-District 69)
Terri Bryant (R-District 115)
Avery Bourne (R-District 95)
John Cavaletto (R-District 107)
Anthony DeLuca (R-District 80)
Michael W. Tryon (R-District 66)
Tim Butler (R-District 87)
Brandon W. Phelps (D-District 118)
Jerry Costello, II (D-District 116)
Camille Y. Lilly (D-District 78)
John Bradley (D-District 117)
For more information about the gender identity issue see CWA’s brochure Since When are Feelings > Fact: The Gender Identity Issue.
“God’s Word, contained in the Bible, has furnished all necessary rules to direct our conduct.” – The American Spelling Book: Containing the Rudiments of the English Language, 1807