California: On September 25, the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) is scheduled to consider whether to grant cert. (a hearing) in the case of NIFLA v. Becerra. The suit challenges the state of California on an unconstitutional law that mandates and compels prolife pregnancy centers to refer for abortion, just like Hawaii’s S.B. 501 does.
Hawaii: Attorney Jim Hochberg, along with the National Institute of Family and Life Advocates (NIFLA) and Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), has filed a case against the state of Hawaii for passing a similarly unconstitutional law, S.B. 501. This requires crisis pregnancy centers to refer patients for abortions against their moral and religious convictions.
This California case will, of course, set precedent for the Hawaii case because both states fall under the jurisdiction of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Please pray regularly for these cases.
- Pray SCOTUS will agree to hear the California case.
- Pray that at least four Supreme Court justices will vote in favor of granting the California appeal.
- Pray for each Supreme Court justice by name:
- John Roberts, Chief Justice, appointed to the high court by President George W. Bush
- Anthony Kennedy, Associate Justice, appointed by President Ronald Reagan
- Clarence Thomas, Associate Justice, appointed by President George H.W. Bush
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Associate Justice, appointed by President Bill Clinton
- Stephen Breyer, Associate Justice, appointed by President Bill Clinton
- Samuel Alito, Associate Justice, appointed by President George W. Bush
- Sonia Sotomayor, Associate Justice, appointed by President Barrack Obama
- Elena Kagan, Associate Justice, appointed by President Barrack Obama
- Neil Gorsuch, Associate Justice, appointed by President Donald Trump
- Pray for wisdom and guidance for Attorney James Hochberg, NIFLA’s attorneys and ADF’s attorneys.
- Pray for the prolife pregnancy centers in our state. Pray for courage as they continue to stand against the current law.
- Find out if there is a crisis pregnancy center in your area. Pray for them regularly and even send them an encouraging card.
- Forward this to others who may want to join us in prayer.