Attend your Precinct meeting on the evening of election at the site of your precinct election. A notice will be posted there for the meeting location if it has been changed.
The meeting is called to order upon the closing of the polls there, usually 7:00 p.m.
There are three activities of that meeting:
- Selection of a temporary chairman for the meeting. This is usually the permanent precinct chairman. An envelope of instructions and forms are provided by the Election personnel.
- Delegates and Alternate Delegates to the Senate/County Convention are elected based on an allotted number for the precinct.
- Resolutions are proposed planks for the Party platform. They are introduced by those attending the meeting who have voted in that Party’s Primary election. Three copies of each resolution are required to be presented. (It is usually an effective practice to take as many copies of your resolution as anticipated people attending the precinct meeting for clarity of presentation.) Each resolution is voted on separately and only those with affirmative votes are sent to the Senate or County Resolutions Committee. The following paragraph is attached to the end of each resolution:
Be it further resolved that a copy of this resolution be sent to the ____(1)__________Senate District/County Convention Resolutions Committee from Precinct #___(2)___ of the ___(3)_________ County _____(4)__________ Party, with the recommendation that it be passed and sent to the State Convention Platform Committee of the___(5)_____ Party of Texas.
(1) If your voting precinct is in a county with multiple Texas Senate Districts then you will attend the Senate District Convention representing your Texas Senator. If your voting precinct is in a county with a single Texas Senate District, then you will attend a County Convention.
(2) Your Precinct number can be found on your Texas Voter Registration card. On Election day, that is where you will vote if you have not voted early and that is the site of your Precinct meeting.
(3) Name of your County
(4) Either Democratic or Republican
(5) Either Democratic or Republican