“Hail Satan” chants by pro-abortion activists – many of them paid by Planned Parenthood – as pro-life supporters sang Amazing Grace on the steps of the Texas Capitol clearly reflects the foundations upon which each side is based. One is Life. One is Death.
Concerned Women for America’s Legislative Action Committee (CWALAC) has made major advances for the pro-life movement over the past few weeks, and we are on the cusp of another great victory in Texas!
All eyes are on Texas as the pro-life bill, HB 2, is being addressed in the state legislature next week. It is anticipated that the State House and Senate will vote on Monday and Tuesday, and my staff, CWALAC members in Texas, and I will be in attendance watching, waiting, and praying that every single representative chooses to save the lives of unborn babies after 20 weeks and protect women by placing reasonable health and safety regulations on abortion clinics.
CWALAC is standing for life and opposing pro-choice advocates who reject these common sense limits on abortion in Texas and are unwilling to accept science and public sentiment. It is up to you and me to be the voice of the voiceless. For a special message from me, please listen here!
In light of this pivotal week, pro-life leaders are gathering on the South Steps of the Texas State Capitol on Monday evening for a pro-life rally and encouraging participants to wear blue. CWALAC members will be in attendance watching and praying that legislators choose life. CWALAC will be a part of this rally sponsored by a coalition of pro-life organizations in Texas, and pro-life leaders from across the nation have been called upon to support Texas pro-life leaders and come to Austin and speak at this rally. We are seeing a great response, confirming Mike Huckabee, The Honorable Marilyn Musgrave, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar with baby Josie Duggar (who was born at 25 weeks), and many more well-known national pro-life leaders.
If you are able to attend, we encourage you to stand for life in Texas. Below is the tentative schedule of events:
- On Monday morning, July 8, the Senate committee will hold their hearing which is open to the public.
- On Monday evening at 7:00 p.m., the pro-life rally will be held on the South Steps of the Capitol, where several pro-life leaders will speak. Be sure to wear blue!
- The House will convene on Tuesday! A VOTE IS ANTICIPATED!
- There is a possibility that the Senate will vote on Wednesday.
- A vote will have to be taken on the reconciled bill between the House and the Senate. That could happen anytime, once the House and Senate bills are passed.
- If passed, the bill then becomes law.
Thank you for your prayers and action as we pull together to help pass pro-life legislation in Texas and beyond!
Chief Executive Officer and President
Concerned Women for America Legislative Action Committee