Concerned Women for America Legislative Action Committee of Kansas
August 2, 2016 Kansas Primary Election Voter Guide
Concerned Women for America Legislative Action Committee of Kansas sent a nine question survey to every candidate running in the August 2, 2016, Kansas primary election for the following positions: U.S. House of Representatives, Kansas Senate, Kansas House of Representatives.
- Should life be protected from conception until natural death?
- Should students, teachers, business owners, state employees, or any American be restricted from exercising their First Amendment rights in the public sector?
- Kansas passed a constitutional amendment in 2005 defining marriage as being between one man and one woman. Will you vote to uphold this amendment to the Kansas Constitution?
- Will you vote for legislation to combat violence, abuse and sex trafficking of women and children?*
- Will you support legislation for tax credits or other programs to be used by parents to educate their children in the school of their choosing?
- Would you support legislation to take fewer federal education dollars for Kansas schools?
- Would you support a Constitutional Amendment for direct election of the judges to return to Kansas?
- Do you support the judicial branch’s decision to legislate school finance by mandating the state dollars?
- Do you support the power delegated by the U. S. Constitution to the states and to the people in the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
- Question 4, 6 and 7 were eliminated from the final voter guide. Question 4 was eliminated because every candidate that answered the questions answered “Yes”. Question 6 and 7 were eliminated because the candidates generally found the question unclear.
- If a candidate is an incumbent, his/her name is italicized.
- If the candidate made a comment on the survey, it is on the bottom of the page.
How to use the voter guides:
- Find out the following districts for where you live:
U.S. Representative ______
Kansas Senate ______
Kansas Representative ______
To do so click HERE, select your county in the “UPCOMING ELECTIONS” box, click “POLLING PLACE” and fill in your address, click the “Search” button and scroll down to “Districts”.
- You are now ready select the voter guide for your area. Based on the U.S. congressional district, click on one of the of the following:
- View those running in the primary for senate by using your Kansas Senate district number and Representative by using your Kansas Representative district number. There may or may not be primary elections in your area for these three offices.
- Now, as you see, only some of the candidates filled out and returned the survey. If you would like to know where any of the candidates stand on these issues who did not answer, then go to his/her campaign website and/or call their campaign headquarters to find out.
- Once you have educated yourself on the candidates, pray. Pray for the candidates in your districts by name. “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.” (Proverbs 29:2)
- Share this survey with friends and family.
- Vote on August 2.