A hearty thank you to those who responded to our July 15 e-alert about the undercover video of a Planned Parenthood representative casually describing the harvesting of baby body parts. As many of you know, a second undercover video has been provided showing another senior executive of Planned Parenthood haggling over baby organ prices.
Political pressure brought on by your phone calls and e-mails have been effective! The pressure needs to continue until an investigation is official. Encourage friends and family to do the same.
Though we only have one abortion clinic in our state, and it is not a Planned Parenthood facility, two of our legislators are extremely pro-Planned Parenthood and need to be held accountable for their support of Planned Parenthood. They are State Sen. Kathy Hawkin (R–District 46, Fargo) and U.S. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-North Dakota). Both have very strong ties to Planned Parenthood and are, therefore, tied to the recent atrocities unless they publicly distance themselves.
- Contact State Sen. Kathy Hawkin at 701-293-5483 or e-mail her. In 2015 Ms. Hawkin received a Prochoice Award in Washington D.C. from Planned Parenthood Action. Respectfully ask Sen. Hawkin to demonstrate true leadership in the area of women’s health and return her award to Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood’s medical practices are inhumane, and no state leader should accept approval from such an inhumane organization!
- Contact U.S. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp at 202-224-2043 or e-mail her. Respectfully ask Sen. Heitkamp to demonstrate her support for women’s health care and return campaign funds she received from Planned Parenthood. In addition ask her to join her colleagues Sen. John Hoeven (R-North Dakota) and Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-North Dakota At-large District) in demanding Planned Parenthood be investigated.
- Contact U.S. Sen. John Hoeven at 202-224-2551 or e-mail him. Enthusiastically thank him for calling for an investigation.
- Contact U.S. Rep. Kevin Cramer at 202-225-2611 or e-mail him and, if you haven’t already as referenced in our last e-alert, enthusiastically thank him for calling for an investigation.
- Listen to Janne Myrdal’s radio interview on “What’s on Your Mind?” with radio host Scott Hennen (Begins at 44:53) on a variety of pro-life issues including her recommendation to contact Sen. Hawkins and Sen. Heitkamp.
North Dakota Concerned Women for America is asking YOU to speak up and show your support for the health and life of mothers and their children. Your calls and e-mails make a difference!
Pray: Pray that State Sen. Kathy Hawkin and U.S. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp will do the right thing and remove themselves from the clutches of Planned Parenthood. Pray for the staff working in the abortion industry like Dr. Deborah Nucatola and Dr. Mary Gatter who are seen on the videos. As you can be sure, the stress in their lives has risen to a level they may not have ever experienced. Pray they hear the Lord’s call to the saving knowledge of His Son Jesus Christ. Lastly, pray for our Christian leaders and pastors that by God’s strength they show true love and speak the truth from God’s Word.
“To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse. Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.” Psalm 25: 1-5
Added note: Some of you may have seen attempts by some liberals to deflect the claims made by those who produced the video. Read our response, The Left has Left out Details (Again).