The proselytizing of the LGBTQ lifestyle on impressionable school-aged children continues as HB 246 passed the Illinois House 60-42. Forty-four Republicans and 14 Democrats did not vote on the bill. If passed in the Senate and signed by the governor, this bill will go into effect July 1, 2020. Gov. Pritzker indicated he would sign the bill into law.
Click here to see how your State Representative voted.
HB 246 mandates:
- Students will be instructed on the roles and contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people in American and Illinois History.
- With regards to the textbook block grant program, it provides that the textbooks authorized to be purchased must include the roles and contributions of all people protected under the Illinois Human Rights Act and must be non-discriminatory as to any of the characteristics under the Act.
At its core, HB 246 is about a moral issue that parents alone have the right to teach their children. As believers, we first and foremost rely on the Bible’s teachings against such lifestyles because it is in opposition to God’s plan for our lives. Secondly, medically, these lifestyles are statistically dangerous, and it is not in the interest of our children for us to portray them as normal and healthy when they medically and emotionally are not. According to a Center for Disease Control study, students in the LGB lifestyle are more likely to engage in risky behavior. This immoral lifestyle brings with it harm. This is not something to be taught or celebrated.
- Call your State Senator today and voice your opposition to HB 246. Click here to find your senator. Be sure to let them know you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Illinois.
- Forward this alert to like-minded family members and friends and encourage them to call their senator.
Please join me in prayer that the minds of public-school children will be protected from the LGBTQ ideology and that the Church will arise to defend them.
“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old, he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6).
Take the next step!
- Consider donating to CWA of Illinois online or write a check out to “Concerned Women for America,” put “CWA of IL” on the memo line, and then send it to CWA of Illinois at 1255 W. Empire Street, Freeport, IL 61032. Our state is run exclusively through donations. Thank you in advance for considering this opportunity.
- Visit the CWA of Illinois webpage to see how you can become involved in our organization.
- If someone forwarded this e-alert to you, and you would like to be on our e-alert list, email me, and I will be happy to add you. You will receive legislative, project and event notices.