As a result of a federal constitutional right to same-sex marriage (United States Supreme Court decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, 576 U.S., 2015), a bill will be introduced during the North Dakota Legislative Session on Wednesday, January 4 to amend North Dakota Century Code relating to the definition of marriage and the recognition of marital relationships. The proposed changes would negate North Dakota laws safeguarding marriage between one man and one woman.
These changes are unnecessary and only advocated to appease those that support same-sex marriage. Concerned Women for America (CWA) of North Dakota stands on God’s Word and believes it is a mistake to redefine marriage in our state Century Code in response to a divisive Supreme Court decision.
We need you! Please contact lawmakers TODAY on the Senate Judiciary Committee and voice your disapproval of Senate Bill 2043 relating to the definition of marriage in North Dakota.
Concerned Women for America (CWA) of North Dakota holds high respect for the distinctiveness of men and women. The consequences to same-sex marriage laws are profound. It is extremely important that our state not bow down to federal government interference. Our freedoms of speech, press, religion and association are all affected by the issue of same-sex marriage. It is not “homophobic” to disapprove of same-sex marriage.
CWA of North Dakota understands the family is to be esteemed as the bedrock institution of society consisting of individuals related by blood, marriage (the legal union of one man and one woman), birth, or adoption. We hold high respect for the distinctiveness of men and women. It is our desire that society value and respect marriage, encourage sexual abstinence before marriage and educate on the dangers of promiscuous sexuality.
Senate Bill 2043, a bill to amend and reenact North Dakota Century Code relating to the definition of marriage and the recognition of marital relationships, is an attempt to eliminate natural distinctions between men and women and shows disrespect for family and for the unique contribution of fathers and mothers. Once the definition of marriage of one man and one woman has been changed, the number of individuals in a marital relationship becomes arbitrary as well!
Senate Bill 2043 will be heard in the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, January 4.
1. Call and/or e-mail these State Senators on the Judiciary Committee. Tell them you uphold traditional marriage and ask them to vote down SB2043.
- Sen. Kelly Armstrong at 701-227-0811; e-mail [email protected]
- Sen. Diane Larson at 701-400-7218; e-mail [email protected]
- Sen. Larry Luick at 701-474-5959; e-mail [email protected]
- Sen. Janne Myrdal at 701-331-0946; e-mail [email protected]
- Sen. Carolyn Nelson at 701-235-5161; e-mail [email protected]
- Sen. Arne Osland at 701-436-6155; e-mail [email protected]
2. Forward this e-alert to friends and family and ask them to contact the Judiciary Committee concerning SB 2043.
- Our leaders will support Biblical marriage and protect each individual’s exercise of faith with an understanding that religious liberty is provided in the U.S. Constitution.
- Our state leaders will prevent the erosion of religious liberty and the legal and the cultural imposition of anti-Judeo-Christian philosophies upon our society will stop.
“And He answered and said to them, ‘Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning “made them male and female,” and said, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh”? So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate’” (Matthew 19:4-6).
Thanks in advance for your prayer and action!