Encourage El Centro City Council to be heroes!
If you or someone you know lives in the El Centro area, we need help tomorrow!
Planned Parenthood has heard us, and they are rallying their base to fight against us – those who save and value life.
A reported 3,000 people showed up in protest of the Planned Parenthood transfer agreement with El Centro Regional Medical Center (ECRMC) at the March 3 El Centro City Council meeting. Though the issue was not on the agenda, public comment revolving solely around this topic and lasted nearly three hours.
To recap the March 3 El Centro City Council meeting:
- The City Council made a motion in closed session for an independent investigation determining whether or not they have the power to dissolve the transfer agreement. It was approved by all except Sedelia Sanders who abstained. Sanders is a member of the El Centro Regional Medical Center Board (ECRMC) of Trustees, and she was one of the three votes in favor of the transfer agreement from the February 24 ECRMC Board meeting. No other action was taken regarding the new Planned Parenthood facility.
- Click here to view video footage of some of the public comment.
- Click here for thorough coverage of the meeting on thedesertreview.com and herefor a report from lifenews.com.
Thank you to those of you who attended.
Since the ECRMC Board of Trustees is appointed by the City Council, we are appealing to the Council to dissolve the transfer agreement with Planned Parenthood. The next meeting is tomorrow March 17. A representative of the Imperial Valley (I.V.) Coalition for Life and the director of a local pro-life crisis pregnancy center, Real Hope Center, are on the agenda. There will be opportunity for public comment for anyone who would like to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves and for the cause of babies who are destined to destruction if Planned Parenthood succeeds in opening its doors. (Proverbs 31:8)
Please arrive at El Centro City Hall by 5:30 p.m. The meeting begins at 6:00 p.m. It is important that the City Council Members see the crowd as they go into the meeting. Parking is limited, so if possible, please meet at Christ Community Church, 590 W. Orange Ave., El Centro. Shuttle service will begin at 5:00 p.m.
Come one! Come all! The Imperial Valley Coalition for Life would like as strong a turnout for this meeting as there was for the last. It’s another important rally.
1. Attend the City Council meeting tomorrow, March 17, at 5:30 p.m. The meeting starts at 6:00 p.m. Come early so the Council Members see the crowd.
El Centro City Hall
1275 Main Street
El Centro, CA 92243
2. If you live in El Centro, please e-mail the El Centro City Council Members and respectfully express your opinion. Challenge them to do whatever they can to cancel the transfer agreement. They have the opportunity to be real heroes here. It is important that they received a multitude of e-mails. E-mail addresses are provided below.
3. Read the Imperial Valley Coalition for Life Talking Points and use them in your mailings and conversation.
4. Use the Save the Baby Imperial Valley meme as your Facebook profile picture.
5. If you live in the Imperial Valley, sign up for 40 Days for Life. Or simply show up at the Planned Parenthood site and join with those already in prayer. (1461 S. 4th St., El Centro)
6. Follow the Imperial Valley Coalition for Life on Facebook.
7. Attend the 40 Days for Life Mid-Vigil Worship meeting at Christ Community Church on Wednesday, March 18, from 5:30-6:15 p.m. Bring diapers, wipes, baby clothes.
8. Attend the ECRMC Board meeting on March 24. Join in a Wall of Jericho prayer march around the hospital.
9. If you know of anyone who might be a good candidate for the ECRMC Board of Trustees, please encourage them to complete this application.
10. Please forward this e-alert on to like-minded friends, family, pastors and acquaintances.
Pray for each City Council by name. Ask the Lord to open their eyes to the horrors of abortion and give them the courage to stand against it.
El Centro City Council:
Efrain Silva – [email protected]
Sedelia Sanders – [email protected]
Alex Cardenas – [email protected]
Cheryl Walker – [email protected]
Jason Jackson – [email protected]
City Council voicemail – (760) 336-8989
Be brave for Life! Be Esther! Die to yourself so that others may live!