“For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb.” Psalm 139:13
SB 1564, Health Care Right of Conscience, that you stopped last year, is back. As amended it would require pro-life physicians and hospitals as well as crisis pregnancy centers to discuss the “benefits” of abortion and refer the patient to a place where they can get an abortion. Bottom line, all physicians, hospitals and crisis pregnancy centers would be forced to promote abortions regardless that abortion kills a human being and regardless of their religious convictions. Violations of the law would be punishable. Both life and religious freedom is on the line. Click here to read bill and review its status.
SB 1564 passed the Illinois Senate in 2015 and will become law if passed in the House.
HB 5576, Insurance CD-Contraceptive Coverage, would require insurance policies to cover for the first time over-the-counter and wrongly labeled “emergency contraception” drugs like Plan B, Ella, My Way and Take Action that their own information sheets state “may also work by preventing a fertilized egg to implant in the uterine wall.” We all started out as embryos. This is far from preventing conception – conception has already taken place. Click here to read bill and review its status.
HB 4013, State Insurance–Public Aid–Abortion, removes all prohibitions on using taxpayer funding for abortions throughout the full nine months of pregnancy under Medicaid and would pay for abortions for state employees for any reason and for the full nine months. We fought this in the Supreme Court in 1979, and it was upheld in its entirety in 1980. Since then no taxpayer funds have been used for abortion in Illinois except in rare exceptions. A clear majority of Illinoisans do not want their tax dollars to pay for abortion. Click here to read bill and review its status.
- Babies are protected in the womb from those who want to murder them.
- Illinois churches will rise up and put a stop to abortion.
- Legislators will know they are accountable to Almighty God for the laws that are enacted to murder babies in the womb.
- Pray for your legislators by name. May the Lord draw them to Himself.
- If you are frustrated at what is going on in our great state, PLEASE take a few minutes to call Springfield and help to stop some very bad bills that are being considered. Calls are more effective than e-mails at this point because they are counting the number of calls both for and against. You have stopped bills before with your calls. Please do it again. All these calls are to your State Representative. You can probably make one call and ask him/her to vote NO on SB 1564, HB 5576, and HB 4013. List them by their bill numbers and ask the person who answers the phone to make a record of your call. Click here for Illinois House Directory. Don’t know who your representative is? No problem, click here to find out who your representative is and how to contact them.
- Contact your friends, family and church. Urge them to defend the right to life for babies in the womb by calling their representative.
“Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: ‘Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law? Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” -Matthew 22:34-40
May we be faithful to practice the two greatest commandments.