The state legislature is considering … again … passing a state-level Equal Rights Amendment (ERA). This very dangerous amendment seeks to enshrine the guaranteed right to taxpayer-funded abortion access into Maine’s state constitution and impose the most radical consequences of the gender revolution.
The Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing via Zoom on the ERA legislation (L.D. 344) at noon on Tuesday, January 11. The public is permitted to provide oral or written testimony on the legislation. A simple testimony such as “I oppose L.D. 344” is sufficient. If you would like to add more to your testimony, you can learn more about the dangers of an ERA here.
How to submit testimony and watch the hearings:
- Committees will not be receiving testimony at the State House complex at this time and will be conducting all meetings electronically. To provide oral testimony, sign up here no later than 30 minutes prior to the posted start time of the meeting. Registrations received after that time will be accepted at the discretion of the committee chairs. Submitting testimony in writing can be done at any time.
- View committee meetings at mainelegislature.org or youtube.com/mainestatelegislature.
- Email the members of the Judiciary Committee listed below my signature. Ask the members to oppose L.D. 344, the Equal Rights Amendment. If you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Maine, be sure to let them know.
- In addition, consider providing oral or written testimony as a private citizen.
- Send this e-alert to friends and family.
Please Pray: Heavenly Father, You love life and tell us in Exodus 20:13 not to kill. You also tell us in Genesis 5:2 that you created male and female in Your own image. We pray today that You turn the hearts of the legislators to Your word, that they will respect life and your design for the family and oppose the ERA. We ask this in Jesus’ name and for His sake. Amen.
Judiciary Committee Members
- Sen. Ben Chipman of Cumberland- Chair (D-Senate District 27) [email protected]
- Sen. Nate Libby of Androscoggin (D-Senate District 21) [email protected]
- Sen. Matthew Pouliot of Kennebec (R-Senate District 15) [email protected]
- Rep. Maureen Terry of Gorham- Chair (D-House District 26) [email protected]
- Rep. Bruce Bickford of Auburn (R-House District 63)
- [email protected]
- Rep. Micky Carmichael of Greenbush (R-House District 137) [email protected]
- Rep. Benjamin Collings of Portland (D-House District 42) [email protected]
- Rep. Lori Gramlich of Old Orchard Beach (D-House District 13) [email protected]
- Rep. Jeffery Hanley of Pittston (R-House District 87) [email protected]
- Rep. Ted Kryzak of Acton (R-House District 20) [email protected]
- Rep. Ann Matlack of St. George (D-House District 92) [email protected]
- Rep. Joe Perry of Bangor (D-House District 124) [email protected]
- Rep. Melanie Sachs of Freeport (D-House District 48) [email protected]