“For You formed my inward parts; you covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” (Psalm 139:13-14a)
First, we would like to thank all of you who responded to our last e-alert on this issue. It is greatly appreciated!
Unfortunately SB501 SD1 was passed by the Hawaii Senate and now moves to the House Committee on Health, House Committee on Judiciary and the House Committee on Finance.
For now, it is urgent that you contact the members of the House Committee on Health before THIS THURSDAY at 10:30 a.m,, when the committee is scheduled to vote. Your simple 30-second phone call will count and join the chorus in opposition to this bill.
Take Action Today:
1. Contact each committee member and ask him/her to vote NO on SB501 SD1. Email each committee member and then give them a call. Feel free to call and leave a message after hours tonight if that works better for your schedule. Be sure to let them know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Hawaii.
- Rep. Della Au Belatti, Chair: [email protected] / 586-9425
- Rep. Bert Kobayashi, Vice Chair: [email protected] / 586-6310
- Rep. Sharon E. Har: [email protected] / 586-8504
- Rep. Dee Morikawa: [email protected] / 586-6280
- Rep. Marcus R. Oshiro: [email protected] / 586-6700
- Rep. Chris Todd: [email protected] / 586-8480
- Rep. Andrea P.L.: Tupola [email protected] / 586-8465
2. Forward this e-mail on to friends and family now and encourage them to pray and act immediately.
- In its own words, “Requires all limited service pregnancy centers to disclose the availability of and enrollment information for reproductive health services; establishes privacy and disclosure requirements for individual records and information; authorizes civil penalties and civil actions for enforcement and remedy.”
- Requires pregnancy care centers to do what is in direct opposition to the centers’ very mission.
- Is an attack on free speech.
- Is an attack on religious freedom.
- Is a “one-way street” that imposes no such requirement on abortion providers to advertise the services of pregnancy care centers.
- Seeks to further the agenda of abortion providers
For more information read CWA’s written testimony submitted on SB501 SD1.
This bill is a battle for survival of the innocent unborn and the pregnancy care centers that advocate for them. Each pregnancy successfully carried to term is one less abortion to be performed. That takes money out of the pockets of doctors and clinics that perform abortions.
Please, make your phone calls and send your emails now. The very survival of pregnancy care centers and therefore the lives they seek to save and minister to depend on it.
“And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.” (Ephesians 5:11)
Win or lose, we will fight!
CWA of Hawaii
CWA of Hawaii