Sen. John Hoeven (R-North Dakota) released the following statement after meeting with Judge Brett Kavanaugh on August 1:
“I appreciated the opportunity to meet with Judge Kavanaugh today to discuss his judicial philosophy. Having served for more than a decade on the federal appeals court, he is highly qualified to serve on the Supreme Court. Judge Kavanuagh has a strong record of upholding the law rather than legislating from the bench and his approach to the law shows a deep respect for the Constitution.
“Given his years of experience on the bench and his commitment to upholding the law, I believe that Judge Kavanaugh is a solid choice for the Supreme Court and I look forward to supporting his confirmation to serve on the Supreme Court.”
Please Take Action!
- Contact Sen. John Hoeven and let him know how grateful you are for his support of Judge Brett Kavanaugh! Be sure to let him know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of North Dakota. Email and then call him at 202-224-2551.
- Come to Fargo on Friday, August 17! Join the “Women for Kavanaugh” bus stop at noon! The location to be announced soon. Our own Penny Young Nance will be speaking to the crowd! Come, bring your family and invite your friends. Women, men and children are all welcome to attend!
CWA of North Dakota asks Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-North Dakota) to confirm Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
Please Take Action!
- Contact Sen. Heitkamp today. Encourage her that Judge Kavanaugh is the right choice for the Supreme Court! Be sure to let her know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of North Dakota.
- Again, attend the “Women for Kavanaugh” bus stop event in Fargo on Friday, August 17, where we will be making our message clear to her!
- “Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any nation” (Proverbs 14:34).
- “But be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves” (James 1:22).
- “Dear Heavenly Father, Your mercies are new every day! And all we need, You have provided. Thank you, Lord Jesus. We ask You to direct our steps so that we are not deceived and believe the lie that our voice for righteousness goes unheard. May we love others enough to be doers of your Word. Amen.”