On Tuesday, August 3, primary elections for the November 2 General Election will be held for many local elections such as mayor, city council, school board, and more. Here at Concerned Women for America of Kansas, we want to encourage you to go to the polls next week and vote for those who best reflect your values.
Women of faith, it’s time to step up and vote your values!
Here are some helpful tips on researching the candidates running in your local primaries:
- Go to the Kansas Secretary of State website and fill in your information to find your polling location and a link to a sample ballot for your local primary elections.
- Write down the names of the candidates on the ballot.
- Research the candidates online. Check out their campaign websites, social media pages, and see where they stand on the issues that matter to you. Also, take note of what other organizations in which they are affiliated and who may be supporting them locally that you may know.
- Do not hesitate to call the candidate(s) and talk with them about the issues. Ask them why they are running.
First, thank the Lord that you live in a country where citizens can freely vote. Then, ask the Lord for whom you should vote.
- Mark your calendar now for Auguest 3.
- Remind and encourage others to make plans to vote on Auguest 3. Consider forwarding this email to like-minded friends and family.
2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV) “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
Thank you for being an engaged and informed voter!