Dear CWA friend,
Peace and blessings to you during this glorious Christmas season and for the New Year to come.
This country is has a new President-elect in Donald Trump, and I encourage you all to keep him, his family, his transition team and all the nominated cabinet members in your prayers.
As I look back, it is incredible to see what God has done this past year through your faithful support and encouragement. New members have come on board and we held a total of three CWA informational meetings; I spoke at a gathering of women on Maui twice, sent out several letters to the editor, and volunteered along with a CWA member at Franklin Graham’s Decision America event in Honolulu; I participated in a Christian women’s gathering in Kona with YWAM, attended the opening session of our state legislature, participated in the March for Life, started regularly standing with others outside our local Surgical Center in Hilo against the abortions being done there, and attended the second Road to Majority Conference and Leadership Training in D.C., put on by CWA and Faith and Freedom. We were blessed to hear speakers like Dr. Carson, President-Elect Donald Trump and many other incredible conservative and pro-life speakers at that extraordinary event.
This coming year, I am planning on doing a monthly update so that you will be better informed on what is happening here in our state concerning the issues that are important to you and how you can pray and take action on them.
Please join us in this year’s endeavors! There are several ways to get involved with CWA of Hawaii. Here are just a few:
- Attend the March for Life on January 20 in Oahu at the Hawaii State Capitol from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Look for CWA of Hawaii signs and join us as we march. I plan to participate and I will also attend the opening session of our State Legislature on January 18.
- Sign up for our Encourage-A-Legislator Program. We are looking for women and men who are willing to pray for a state legislator, our Governor, Lt. Governor or one of the U.S. members of Congress. Those who are assigned to a state legislator will send him/her a postcard once a week during the four-month state legislative session. Those who are assigned to the Governor, Lt. Governor or a U.S. member of Congress, will send him/her a postcard once a month, after the state legislative session closes. We provide the postcards with a Scripture and/or historical quote; you provide a few words of encouragement, sign your name, affix a stamp, and put it in the mail. It’s easy! Contact me by January 15 if you would like to be a part of this program. Click here for brochure.
- Participate in or start a CWA Prayer/Action Chapter. Consider starting or joining an existing Prayer/Action Chapter in your community. “Prayer/Action Chapters are the backbone of Concerned Women for America.” -Beverly LaHaye.
- Respond to our e-alerts. Be sure to pray and take action on all the e-alerts we send out. It is crucial to our effectiveness. If you aren’t currently signed up, you can do so by visiting org and filling out the fields under “Stay Informed.”
- Consider the leadership position of Legislative Liaison. We are in great need of a volunteer who has an interest in state legislation.
- Please pray for CWA’s role in Hawaii as well as your role in CWA of Hawaii in 2017. If you’d be so kind, we would love for you to commit to praying for CWA of Hawaii on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Pray the Lord guides and gives us success in the areas in which we apply ourselves.
You are needed! Together we can be that steady force of prayerful people who are unwavering in our assurance that God reigns and through Him all is achieved.
We are continually grateful for those who give to the work of CWA of Hawaii. Because CWA of Hawaii is run by volunteers, all donations go straight into the work at hand. Prayerfully consider blessing CWA of Hawaii with a tax-deductible gift. Here are a couple areas where funds are needed:
- Travel to and from the other Islands to either host meetings or to attend various events in cooperation with other pro-life/pro-family organizations.
- Printing letters, bulletin inserts, CWA of Hawaii stationery, and flyers for meetings or events; ordering of brochures, signs and banners; postage for mailings and other items as needed.
To contribute please send a check written out to “Concerned Women for America” and put “CWA of Hawaii” in the memo line. Send it to CWA of Hawaii, P.O. Box 10732, Hilo, HI 96721. Or, click here to donate online. Now, if you receive a mailing from CWA national, and would like your contribution to go to the work of CWA of Hawaii, then simply note that on the reply form.
We so appreciate you, your participation at our events, your encouragement to us during the year, your partnering with us financially, and your diligent responses to our e-alerts. But, most of all, we thank you for your prayers.
May you all have a very blessed and wonderful Christmas and experience the peace that surpasses all understanding!
In His service,
Barbara J. Ferraro
CWA of Hawaii