Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Sexual Exploitation as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Pornography has proven to be destructive to those involved in its creation and consumption, and also to innocent bystanders who are harmed by others who use pornography. There is Biblical support for protecting those who do not choose to engage in the production or use of pornography but are caught in the crossfire.
- “Defend the poor and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy; Free them from the hand of the wicked.” (Psalm 82:3-4)
Pornography is particularly harmful to children. Child pornography has become prominent and is a gateway to harming children.
- “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.” (Mark 9:42)
Pornography is reasonably considered a kind of idolatry which reveals what is meant to be kept holy.
Concerns and Goals
We are concerned about:
- The ever-increasing prevalence of online streaming and free pornography sites, prostitution and sex slavery and the ways that those forms of commercial sexual exploitation feed off of each other to form a multi-billion dollar industry that exploits thousands of girls and women in this country and millions around the world.
- The morally deteriorating influence of the entertainment industry and leftist opinion leaders who have created a cultural climate detrimental to children and women’s well-being.
- At one end of the continuum is a demise of romance and dating, in the middle is a dramatic increase in violence, exploitation and assaults, and at the other end is sex slavery in the forms of prostitution and sex trafficking.
- The lack of enforcement of existing laws, the lack of cooperation from agencies and law enforcement that should be protecting vulnerable girls and women.
- The attempt to redefine sex to include gender identity, erasing sex-specific protections for women.
- The sexualization of children, including normalizing same sex and queer attraction and transgenderism.
We are working to see:
- An increased awareness that the demand for pornography and prostitutes drives both the pornography and sex trafficking industries; to educate the public about the harms to children, women, and men from pornography and prostitution and the prevalence of sex slavery even here in the United States.
- Continued advocacy for higher moral standards in the American entertainment industry. Young women educated about their vulnerabilities as well as their potential for influence on cultural mores. Efforts made at the forefront of anti-trafficking efforts to establish sound policies that will “end demand” and protect vulnerable girls and women.
- Continued lobbying for legislation without loopholes in order to increase prosecutions against exploiters and mandate consistent strict enforcement of laws regarding obscenity, prostitution, and sexual slavery.
- Protected female status, dignity, safety, and privacy in law and policy and the upholding of sex-specific policies to protect women, including shelters, sports, prisons, public, and shared facilities.
- Prevention of medical transition of children for gender dysphoria and the advancement of affirmation-only approaches to dealing with sexual attraction and gender transition.
Sexual Exploitation Articles
For Immediate Release September 15, 2021 Contact: Jacklyn Washington email@example.com Concerned Women: The FBI is a Disgrace Washington, D.C. — Concerned Women for America is disgusted and infuriated at the…
The heartbreaking chaos in Kabul, Afghanistan has the entire world holding its breath. To unpack how we got here, and what the future looks like for Americans still stranded, Concerned…
For Immediate Release August 20, 2021 Jacklyn Washington firstname.lastname@example.org |202-748-3501 Concerned Women for America Coordinates Prayer Vigil at White House Condemning Abandonment of Americans, Women, and Children in Afghanistan Washington,…
Concerned Women for America‘s CEO and President, Penny Nance, joined Real America’s Voice to discuss what was the real downfall of Gov. Andrew Cuomo and his countless scandals that have…
San Francisco’s Gay Men’s Chorus made headlines last week by posting a highly controversial video claiming they were going to “convert your children.” The chorus has defended their remarks as…
By Morgan Schlesselman, CWA Government Relations Intern For the first time, a transgender athlete will compete in the Olympics. Laurel Hubbard, a biological male from New Zealand, will compete in…
I have pleaded with you before to realize that secular humanists are systematically targeting our children for indoctrination. A recent op-ed titled “Yes, kink belongs at Pride. And I want my kids…
Last week, Vice President Kamala Harris participated at the Generation Equality Forum (GEF) with a speech focused on the importance of democracy. The Generation Equality Forum is an event convened…