Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Sexual Exploitation as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Pornography has proven to be destructive to those involved in its creation and consumption, and also to innocent bystanders who are harmed by others who use pornography. There is Biblical support for protecting those who do not choose to engage in the production or use of pornography but are caught in the crossfire.
- “Defend the poor and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy; Free them from the hand of the wicked.” (Psalm 82:3-4)
Pornography is particularly harmful to children. Child pornography has become prominent and is a gateway to harming children.
- “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.” (Mark 9:42)
Pornography is reasonably considered a kind of idolatry which reveals what is meant to be kept holy.
Concerns and Goals
We are concerned about:
- The ever-increasing prevalence of online streaming and free pornography sites, prostitution and sex slavery and the ways that those forms of commercial sexual exploitation feed off of each other to form a multi-billion dollar industry that exploits thousands of girls and women in this country and millions around the world.
- The morally deteriorating influence of the entertainment industry and leftist opinion leaders who have created a cultural climate detrimental to children and women’s well-being.
- At one end of the continuum is a demise of romance and dating, in the middle is a dramatic increase in violence, exploitation and assaults, and at the other end is sex slavery in the forms of prostitution and sex trafficking.
- The lack of enforcement of existing laws, the lack of cooperation from agencies and law enforcement that should be protecting vulnerable girls and women.
- The attempt to redefine sex to include gender identity, erasing sex-specific protections for women.
- The sexualization of children, including normalizing same sex and queer attraction and transgenderism.
We are working to see:
- An increased awareness that the demand for pornography and prostitutes drives both the pornography and sex trafficking industries; to educate the public about the harms to children, women, and men from pornography and prostitution and the prevalence of sex slavery even here in the United States.
- Continued advocacy for higher moral standards in the American entertainment industry. Young women educated about their vulnerabilities as well as their potential for influence on cultural mores. Efforts made at the forefront of anti-trafficking efforts to establish sound policies that will “end demand” and protect vulnerable girls and women.
- Continued lobbying for legislation without loopholes in order to increase prosecutions against exploiters and mandate consistent strict enforcement of laws regarding obscenity, prostitution, and sexual slavery.
- Protected female status, dignity, safety, and privacy in law and policy and the upholding of sex-specific policies to protect women, including shelters, sports, prisons, public, and shared facilities.
- Prevention of medical transition of children for gender dysphoria and the advancement of affirmation-only approaches to dealing with sexual attraction and gender transition.
Sexual Exploitation Articles
By Doreen Denny, Vice President of Government Relations In the past two weeks, we have seen significant progress in the fight against radical gender ideology in the states. Importantly, many…
Washington Examiner Op-ed by Doreen Denny, Vice President of Government Relations If Sleeping Beauty awakened today, she may be shocked to learn that being a woman no longer means being…
Join Concerned Women for America in West Virginia! This Saturday, March 20, Concerned Women for America (CWA) encourages you to join forces with our fellow patriots in West Virginia to…
The “Equality Act” (H.R. 5) just passed a Democrat-controlled House of Representatives for the second time, but for opponents, including Concerned Women for America Legislative Action Committee (CWALAC), the latest…
Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America appeared on Fox News @ Night with Shannon Bream to discuss the sexual harassment allegations aimed at New York’s Gov. Andrew…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE February 24, 2021 Contact: Natalie Panettiere 202-266-4816, firstname.lastname@example.org “Equality Act” Exposed: Vulnerable Women and Children Lose House Democrats Ram Vote to Avoid Scrutiny Washington, D.C. – Penny…
Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America Legislative Action Committee to Newsweek: “Evangelical policy leaders have been willing to work with every president. To his credit, President Trump…
Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be thy name forever. With thankful hearts, we behold Your awesome works from the beginning. You are Faithful and True Still moving in the midst…