Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Sexual Exploitation as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Pornography has proven to be destructive to those involved in its creation and consumption, and also to innocent bystanders who are harmed by others who use pornography. There is Biblical support for protecting those who do not choose to engage in the production or use of pornography but are caught in the crossfire.
- “Defend the poor and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy; Free them from the hand of the wicked.” (Psalm 82:3-4)
Pornography is particularly harmful to children. Child pornography has become prominent and is a gateway to harming children.
- “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.” (Mark 9:42)
Pornography is reasonably considered a kind of idolatry which reveals what is meant to be kept holy.
Concerns and Goals
We are concerned about:
- The ever-increasing prevalence of online streaming and free pornography sites, prostitution and sex slavery and the ways that those forms of commercial sexual exploitation feed off of each other to form a multi-billion dollar industry that exploits thousands of girls and women in this country and millions around the world.
- The morally deteriorating influence of the entertainment industry and leftist opinion leaders who have created a cultural climate detrimental to children and women’s well-being.
- At one end of the continuum is a demise of romance and dating, in the middle is a dramatic increase in violence, exploitation and assaults, and at the other end is sex slavery in the forms of prostitution and sex trafficking.
- The lack of enforcement of existing laws, the lack of cooperation from agencies and law enforcement that should be protecting vulnerable girls and women.
- The attempt to redefine sex to include gender identity, erasing sex-specific protections for women.
- The sexualization of children, including normalizing same sex and queer attraction and transgenderism.
We are working to see:
- An increased awareness that the demand for pornography and prostitutes drives both the pornography and sex trafficking industries; to educate the public about the harms to children, women, and men from pornography and prostitution and the prevalence of sex slavery even here in the United States.
- Continued advocacy for higher moral standards in the American entertainment industry. Young women educated about their vulnerabilities as well as their potential for influence on cultural mores. Efforts made at the forefront of anti-trafficking efforts to establish sound policies that will “end demand” and protect vulnerable girls and women.
- Continued lobbying for legislation without loopholes in order to increase prosecutions against exploiters and mandate consistent strict enforcement of laws regarding obscenity, prostitution, and sexual slavery.
- Protected female status, dignity, safety, and privacy in law and policy and the upholding of sex-specific policies to protect women, including shelters, sports, prisons, public, and shared facilities.
- Prevention of medical transition of children for gender dysphoria and the advancement of affirmation-only approaches to dealing with sexual attraction and gender transition.
Sexual Exploitation Articles
By Doreen Denny, Vice President of Government Relations Concerned Women for America (CWA) just landed a significant victory protecting the rights of college female athletes under federal law. The U.S….
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE October 16, 2020 Contact: Doreen Denny, Vice President of Government Relations (202) 420-1491, email@example.com University Forced to Rescind Transgender Policy as Violation of Title IX after Biological Male wins NCAA…
CWA’s Vice President of Government Relations, Doreen Denny, appeared on Save Women’s Sports webinar to discuss Title IX and the future of women’s sports in America including the need for…
By Amy Lidell, Intern for Concerned Women for America Last week the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) partnered with the White House, Justice Department, and Department of…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 22, 2020 Contact: Doreen Denny, Vice President of Government Relations (202) 420-1491, firstname.lastname@example.org Senate Conservatives Stand with Female Student-Athletes to Protect Title IX from Bostock Fallout Washington, D.C. –…
Concerned Women for America’s CEO and President Penny Nance speaks out on the new Netflix film Cuties. Cuties is nothing short than the sexual exploitation of children and is illegal…
Read Concerned Women for America’s Vice President of Government Relations, Doreen Denny, op-ed in CNS-News online. “It’s Official! Bostock Does Not Overrule Biology under Title IX,” says Doreen Denny, Concerned…
Concerned Women for America is standing at the center of a serious issue of our time. POLITICO portrays a partisan spin, but for us, it’s not about party or politics,…