Gov. Greg Abbott (Republican) has called a third Special Session, and he needs to hear that Texans understand that children who struggle with identity should be protected from harmful “gender reassignment” medical practices causing serious health risks, irreversible damage, and increasingly, regret.
Currently, under Texas law, a minor can choose, or be subjected to a choice coerced by adults, to have his or her body “transgendered.” Did you know that puberty-blocking drugs can be administered as early as 7-years-old and 13-year-olds can have mastectomies and “bottom surgery”?
These experimental transgender treatments and surgeries on minors are not reversible and carry with it multiple other physical and emotional risks and disabilities. These procedures can never actually change the child’s DNA; it is simply a reconfiguration of the child’s body. Please review Concerned Women for America’s (CWA) resources on these experimental treatments and surgeries below my signature.
State Sen. Bob Hall (R-District 2) offered legislation in Texas’ regular legislative session to prohibit this abuse of children in the state. Republican House Leadership deftly crushed the bill, and Gov. Abbott failed to put this issue on the call for the first two Special Sessions.
- Contact Gov. Abbott and urge him to add the banning of gender modification to the agenda for the next (third) Special Session. (512) 463-1782 | Contact form
- If you are a member of Concerned Women for America of Texas, be sure to let him know.
- You may also respectfully Tweet your request to Gov. Abbott (@GovAbbott).
- It is no secret that Satan wants to destroy America’s children. Please pray for God’s hand of protection over these little ones.
- Pray also that adults will dutifully and valiantly defend children as God has created them.
- Pray that Gov. Abbott and House and Senate Leadership will be moved to prioritize this important issue.
CWA resources on protecting vulnerable children from experimental transgender treatments and surgeries: