Act, was introduced last week by Rep. Doug McKillip (R-Athens). This is a bold and compassionate bill that would prohibit abortion after 20 weeks from conception. The bill does include exemptions to save the life of the mother, but not for the mother’s mental health or fetal abnormalities. Additionally, it creates new penalties against doctors who violate abortion-related laws and requires a determination of gestational age prior to abortion.
Remarkable, common sense evidence demonstrates that newborns and pre-born children experience pain. Not only do unborn children feel pain, the evidence suggests they feel pain more acutely than at any other stage of life. The Constitution forbids cruel and unusual punishment for the guilty; we should not have a lesser standard for the innocent.
H.B. 954 has been assigned to the House Judiciary Non-Civil Committee and will have a hearing this Thursday, February 16, at 1:00 p.m. Please take a moment right now to call the committee members below and ask them to vote IN FAVOR of H.B. 954.
* Chairman Rich Golick (R – Smyrna): (404) 656-5943
* Vice Chairman Mark Hatfield (R – Waycross): (404) 656-0109
* Secretary Charlice Byrd (R – Woodstock): (404) 656-0298
* Roberta Abdul-Salaam (D – Riverdale): (404) 656-0325
* Stacey Abrams (D – Atlanta): (404) 656-5058
* Alex Atwood (R – Brunswick): (404) 656-0152
* Stephanie Benfield (D – Atlanta): (404) 656-7859
* Christian Coomer (R – Cartersville): (404) 656-0109
* Sharon Cooper (R – Marietta): (404) 656-5069
* Dustin Hightower (R – Carrollton): (404) 656-0152
* Yasmin Neal (D – Jonesboro): (404) 656-0265
* B.J. Pak (R – Lilburn): (404) 656-0254
* Matt Ramsey (R – Peachtree City): (404) 656-7146
* Nikki T. Randall (D – Macon): (404) 656-0109
* Ed Setzler (R – Acworth): (404) 656-0177
* Wendell Willard (R – Sandy Springs): (404) 656-5125