America’s national motto will soon have high visibility in Freeport, Illinois. Multiple city buildings in Freeport, as well as public vehicles, will be displaying “In God We Trust”, thanks to a resolution unanimously passed by Freeport’s city council on July 17, 2017. The resolution makes Freeport the first city in the nation to have all municipal buildings display “In God We Trust” on their facades.
CWA of Illinois applauds Mayor Jodi Miller and the Freeport City Council’s unanimous vote to display our national motto, “In God We Trust”, on the city’s public buildings.
View the press release from Mayor Millers’ office recognizing the resolution and CWA’s role in this project.
The phrase “In God We Trust” recognizes the principles set by the Founding Fathers, who established this nation on the belief that we have certain inalienable rights that are endowed by our Creator.
The cost of creating and installing “In God We Trust” signage will not be paid for by city funds, but shall be paid for through private donations. CWA of Illinois will be spearheading the fundraising effort to collect the $20,000 needed for this project. All money donated for the “In God We Trust” initiative will be tax-deductible.
Whenever our city’s residents see “In God We Trust” on our public buildings, may it be a reminder to them that God is our refuge, and our strength – a present help in time of trouble and our hope for a better future.
- All levels of government acknowledge God for wisdom, protection, and strength.
- Pastors and Christians will boldly stand for righteousness in the public arena.
- The Holy Spirit’s transforming power will fall upon America.
- Please contribute financially to this powerful project. Write a check to “CWA” and put “IL – In God We Trust” on the memo line. Send the check to the address below or to City Hall at 314 W. Stephenson Street, Suite 200, Freeport, IL
- Encourage your church to make a contribution. This is a great opportunity for the church to show itself strong.
- Call (815-235-8200) and/or email Mayor Jodi Miller and thank her for her support of the resolution.
- Thank the Freeport City Council for their support as well.
CWA of Illinois
1255 W. Empire Street
Freeport, IL 61032
“Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord.” (Psalm 33:12)
Ready to take the next step? Get more involved with CWA of Illinois.
- Join a Prayer/Action chapter. Contact me today to find out if there is a CWA chapter in your area.
- Please donate to CWA of Illinois. Our state is run exclusively by volunteers and supported completely through donations.
- If someone forwarded this e-alert to you and you would like to be on our e-mail list, contact me and I will be happy to add you.