Equality Act Talking Points
- The Equality Act’s unverifiable and unscientific attempt to address discrimination by elevating protections for certain groups on the basis of a new definition of sex is a direct threat against every woman in America.
- The Equality Act would upend the Civil Rights Act of 1964 by replacing “sex” with “sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.”
- The word “sex” would no longer be understood as “biologically male and female” in civil rights law.
- All federally funded entities would be forced to interpret “sex” as including multiple and fluid gender identities, or “the gender-related identity, appearance, mannerisms, or other gender-related characteristics of an individual, regardless of the individual’s designated sex at birth.
- There are virtually NO limitations, and “gender Identity” Is totally reliant on self-identification.
- The Equality Act would force public facilities to allow men and boys who identify as women or girls to use the same bathrooms, locker rooms, showers, domestic violence shelters, and prisons as women or girls.
- The Equality Act would force employers to hire or assign men who identify as women to jobs requiring sensitivity to the physical privacy rights of women and girls such as intimate medical examinations, supervision of domestic violence shelters or prisons, airport security pat downs, strip searches, or supervision of overnight school field trips.
- The Equality Act would deny female athletes a fair playing field in sports competitions.
- Any current law or policy gains traditionally and specifically aimed at benefiting women could legally be used by men identifying as women.
- The Equality Act elevates “gender identity” over the protected class of “sex,” threatening gains women have made in law, programs, and policy reforms over the past decades.
- The Equality Act prohibits anyone from making a claim or raising a defense against these special protections under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA). It is a blatant effort to diminish religious freedom and force people of faith to conform to gender ideology under threat of law.
Taken from CWA’s letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Dear Reader: Like the quality of the work we do? Donate now to keep the information flowing!