The battle continues over the great state of North Carolina over this bathroom issue. We must stay strong as we now fight the White House.
Earlier this month every public school system in the country received a letter from the Obama Administration (The U.S. Department of Justice and Education Release a Joint Guidance to Help Schools Ensure the Civil Rights of Transgender Students), mandating that transgender students be allowed to use bathrooms and locker rooms consistent with their gender identity (as opposed to their birth certificate) or the school districts will lose Federal funds under Title IX.
In a press release, Penny Nance, CEO and President of Concerned Women for America, stated, “The Obama Administration once again overstepped legal boundaries by redefining the scope and reach of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and slapping the heavy hand of government on local schools. Whether or not people who identify as transgender are indeed a protected class will get worked out in the courts. Meanwhile, schools all over this nation, which have rightly worked on a case by case basis to accommodate kids struggling with gender dysphoria, may be forced to violate the privacy of other students and perhaps even create trauma for the very kids Obama pretends to protect.
“Local school districts with the input of parents and health professionals should be setting school policy on such a sensitive and controversial issue, not Washington.
“Finally, the left always uses children to accomplish its goals of social reengineering. The adults closest to these children should decide what’s best for all the children in the school. Safety and kindness should be the guiding principles, not threats from the bullies in Washington.”
As Matt Barber points out, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg acknowledges, writing in the Washington Post, “Separate places to disrobe, sleep, perform personal bodily functions are permitted, in some situations required, by regard for individual privacy.” Moreover, Congress has, without fail, rejected efforts to include “gender identity” or “sexual orientation” in federal law. It is abundantly clear that the lawmakers who drafted and passed Titles VII and IX never dreamed that “sex” might include a man laboring under the delusion that he’s a woman.
“School districts that dare defy the administration’s directive could face lawsuits and lose millions of dollars in federal funding. There is no room in our schools for discrimination of any kind, including discrimination against transgender students on the basis of their sex,” Attorney General Loretta Lynch said.”
The state of North Carolina has the right to set guidelines themselves without Federal overreach.
We could not be more proud of our governor and the North Carolina General Assembly for courageously engaging in this battle for some time now without wavering.
What is needed now is continued prayers and encouragement for our great governor and legislators who persevere under great intimidation.
Please Take Action!
- Contact Attorney General Roy Cooper and State Superintendent of Public Instruction June Atkinson. Cooper has clearly opposed HB2. Atkinson has, at the least, been passive concerning HB2. Please tell them to stand up for the children of North Carolina and not to follow this outrageous federal directive that puts our children in danger.
Attorney General Roy Cooper
9001 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-9001
Click here to submit your concerns. Be sure to address them to Attorney General Roy Cooper.
North Carolina Department of Public Instruction June Atkinson
6301 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-6301
Click here to submit your concerns. Be sure to address them to State Superintendent of Public Instruction June Atkinson.
- Contact your regional superintendent, local school superintendent and school board members. Show up at the next regularly scheduled board meeting and speak in opposition to the Obama directive.
- Continue to contact Gov. Pat McCrory. Thank him for the courage and resilience he has demonstrated in the face of intense opposition. Let him know that you are praying for him.
- Forward this e-alert to friends and family and ask them to pray and take action on this.
- “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” (Matthew 7:24)
- As one of CWA’s recent articles, Christ Restoring a Male/Female Identity in a Sexually Confused World, concluded with, “Aligning ourselves with God’s plan for man and woman is the solution side of the problem. Let us pray deeply for the ability to live into our male and female identity with more fullness, that we might offer a restorative picture for all of the world.”
- Pray for the leaders listed above by name. May they have the courage to do what’s right before God and on behalf of our children.
To be silent is to be complicit.