On April 30, 2020, as we finished our 30 Days of Prayer and Fasting in the Midst of Covid-19, Rep. Cathy McMorris-Rodgers (R-Washington) sent out this inspiring prayer call that we knew you must see.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row type=”in_container” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” overlay_strength=”0.3″][vc_column column_padding=”no-extra-padding” column_padding_position=”all” background_color_opacity=”1″ background_hover_color_opacity=”1″ width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
Concerned Women for America applauds Attorney General William Barr’s April 27, 2020 memorandum for the protection of civil rights during COVID-19.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Watch Concerned Women for America’s (CWA) CEO and President Penny Nance’s recent appearance on Daystar TV’s “Marcus & Joni” Show.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
CWA’s CEO and President Penny Nance signed onto a letter applauding our nation’s Governors who are responsibly opening their states and supporting Americans as they exercise their constitutional rights and return to daily life.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
With most U.S. senators and representatives observing shelter-in-place guidelines in their home states, the task of writing, reviewing and signing congressional letters is even more complicated.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
The Legislative Department at Concerned Women for America has been working overtime exposing attempts by Democrats to use the COVID-19 crisis for pushing their anti-family, pro-abortion agenda.[/vc_column_text]
Engaging with Family, Friends, and the Community
Our CWA leaders are finding unique and meaningful ways to help and support others during these uncertain times. We wanted to share these ideas and invite you to share yours. Add your idea(s) here.
Ways our CWA Leaders Are Reaching Out.
- Take your family on a prayer walk around your neighborhood and pray for each household as you pass by their home.
- After two weeks of closing the doors of our church (due to instruction from our governor) my home church organized a Drive-In Church Service complete with popcorn and a live sermon streamed to our car radio. Yup, we all stayed in our cars “together.” We worshipped, we prayed, we honked our horns with a loud “AMEN!” All the volunteers lined up (be sure it’s under 10 volunteers and 6 feet of social distancing) and waved goodbye to each car as they drove off. It was powerful. It felt good to love on them in that way.
- Form a “Love Delivered” task force at your church to deliver fresh produce, supplies, and notes of encouragement every Sunday afternoon to those who are shut in—which now includes a growing number of families who are in quarantined. Simple, practical, intentional.
- On a smaller scale, call in pizza from your local pizza shop to be delivered to the home of someone you know who has to work/stay at home. Kindness doesn’t have to cost a lot … and it will be remembered for years to come.
- Put together a “pantry” care package for someone you know who struggles financially. Spaghetti, sauce, box of crackers, some fresh fruit, yogurt and applesauce—or any items you can pull from your pantry. Thoughtfulness…the best tip ever!
Penny Nance on FoxNews.com:
- Coronavirus keeps our churches closed on Easter, but our faith can never be taken from us
- Coronavirus and the challenges
of teaching kids at home — Please, do this
Special presentation for the whole family on America’s founding documents and the principles which guard our liberty.
- Mott Media Publishing
- ABC Mouse (Code: SCHOOL7771)
- Reading IQ (Code: SCHOOL7771)
- Adventure Academy (Code: SCHOOL7771)
- Ambleside Online
- Museum Virtual Tours
- Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool
- Scholastic 20 Days Free Lessons
- Free Anxiety resource for Parents
- Free Parent’s Guide to Family Night!
- Free Parent’s Guide to Teen FOMO
- Free Parent’s Guide to Fear & worry
- Free Guide to COVID-19
Center for Disease Control Coronavirus Resources[/vc_column_text]
Penny Nance on Newsmax:
Homeschooling During Covid-19
CWA’s CEO and President Penny Nance appeared on Spicer & Company, a new program on Newsmax TV to discuss Homeschooling during the COVID-19 Pandemic.[/vc_column_text]
Words of encouragement by CWA of Pennsylvania State Director Dilonna Coran.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]