The gender ideology obsession that manipulates children and instills confusion and hopelessness in young minds is a national disgrace. Using children for medical experiments that have no basis in science must be stopped. Children who struggle with identity should be protected from harmful “gender reassignment” medical practices causing serious health risks, irreversible damage, and regret. Minors are incapable of giving informed consent to destructive medical interventions degrading their development and sterilizing their bodies. Unfortunately, big pharma and medical associations are more interested in profit than ethical practice. CWALAC stands against the medical mutilation of minors in the name of “gender confirmations.”
HB463 has been introduced by Rep. Gabe Firment (R-District 22). The bill will prohibit certain procedures to alter the sex of a minor child. The risks associated with the allowance of irreversible, permanent reassignment surgery outweigh the scientific benefits. This bill excludes healthcare coverage reimbursement for gender transition procedures for any person under 18 years of age. It also provides that any provision of gender transition will be subject to discipline by the licensed entity over the physician, mental health provider, or other health care professional.
Visit Concerned Women for America’s Protecting Vulnerable Children page for timely resources on this issue.
- Contact the members of the Louisiana House Health and Welfare Committee and ask them to support HB463. The House members are listed below my signature. If you are a constituent, be sure to let them know.
- Forward this information to family and friends.
- Pray that Louisiana state representatives will not be overcome with timidity and will be emboldened with courage to vote against child mutilation.
- Pray for the truth to prevail and lies to be exposed.
- Pray for citizens who will be testifying in support of HB463.
2023 Health and Welfare Committee Members
- Chairman Larry Bagley (R-District 7) firstname.lastname@example.org |(318) 925.9588
- Vice Chairman Christopher Turner, Vice Chair (R-District12) email@example.com |
- (318) 251.5038
- Rep. Roy Daryl Adams, (I-District 62) firstname.lastname@example.org |(225) 634.7470
- Rep. Robby Carter, (D-District 72) email@example.com |(985) 748.2245
- Rep. Kenny R. Cox, (D-District 23) firstname.lastname@example.org |(855) 844.8583
- Rep. Raymond J. Crews, (R-District 8) email@example.com|(318) 716.7532
- Rep. Michael Charles Echols, (R-District 14) firstname.lastname@example.org |(318) 598.4010
- Rep. Jason Hughes, (D-District 100) email@example.com |(504) 246.9707
- Rep. C. Travis Johnson, (D-District 21) firstname.lastname@example.org |(225) 308.4269
- Rep. Ed Larvadain, III, (D-District 26) email@example.com |(318) 487.5441
- Rep. Wayne McMahen, (R-District 10) firstname.lastname@example.org |(318) 371.3092
- Rep. Dustin Miller, (D-District 40) email@example.com |(337) 943.2900
- Rep. Patricia “Pat” Moore, (D-District 17) firstname.lastname@example.org |(318) 362.3014
- Rep. Robert “Bob” Owen, (R-District 76) email@example.com |(985) 638.0400
- Rep. Thomas A. Pressly, (R-District 6) firstname.lastname@example.org |(318) 862.9920
- Rep. Laurie Schlegel, (R-District 82) email@example.com |(504) 655.6887
- Rep. Larry Selders, (D-District 67) firstname.lastname@example.org |(225) 342.7106
- Rep. Joseph A. Stagni, (R-District 92) email@example.com |(504) 465.3479
- Rep. Tanner D. Magee, Ex Officio (R-District 53) firstname.lastname@example.org | (985) 858.2970
- Rep. Clay Schexnayder, Ex Officio (R-District 81) email@example.com | (225) 473.6016