We are now in the second half of the 2021-22 California legislative session, and bad bills are picking up speed while many good ones are now dead. For example, Sen. Brian Dahle’s (R-District 1) SB 217, a bill that would have simply created transparency in sex education programs at public schools, died in the Senate Appropriations Committee.
Please help us stand for Biblical values by praying and taking action with regard to some very concerning bills. Please call your Assembly member and ask him or her to oppose the following bills.
#1. SB 245 by Sen. Lena Gonzalez (D-District 33) would allow all abortions in California to be free, forcing both private and public insurance policies to cover abortions with no copays and/or deductibles. We, at Concerned Women for America (CWA) of California, aim to protect innocent human life — including protecting the unborn from chemical and surgical abortion and infanticide. Jeremiah 1:5a says, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you …”
If SB 245 bill passes…
- Even more California taxpayer dollars will pay for these abortions, and private insurance companies will also be forced to increase benefits and/or premiums to follow this “free” abortion scheme.
- Our state government will be promoting and encouraging abortions by making the process even easier and more accessible to Californians.
- This will set a precedent for other states to follow.
#2. SB 380 by Sen. Susan Eggman (D-District 5) would eliminate safety requirements in the current California assisted suicide law. The planned sunset in 2025 was intended to provide lawmakers with ten years of data for review before making the policy permanent. The bill also shortens the time between a patient’s two oral requests for life-ending drugs from 15 days to just 2. This change allows a patient to make a hasty decision against what may be their better judgment if given more time. Genesis 9:6 tells us that the Lord values human life. We at CWA of California aim to protect society from euthanasia.
- Both bills are now in the State Assembly so please contact your Assembly member today and urge him or her to vote NO on SB 245 and to vote NO on SB 380. You can find who represents you here.
- Forward this information to family and friends.
Prayer: Lord, we come before you to intercede for our government. Guide our legislators to make wise decisions. Magnify our voices as we speak up to influence our culture for Christ. We love you, Lord. You see us, and You love us. We trust in You. In Jesus’s name. Amen.
God bless you for your faithfulness in prayer and action!