On Monday, August 3, 2015, the U.S. Senate did not reach the 60 votes needed to pass S. S. 1881, a bill to prohibit Federal funding of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. The vote stood at 53 to 46 despite the overwhelming outcry of Americans calling for the defunding of Planned Parenthood. Click here to read more about it.
We thank North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr (R) and Sen. Thom Tillis (R) who took a stand for life by voting to defund Planned Parenthood.
We are greatly grieved as we consider the vast number of pre-born babies who are systematically slaughtered for the financial benefit of this corrupt and malicious industry. The total number of abortions in the U.S. is over 55 million babies since 1973 when abortion was legalized throughout our nation. However, those of us who are followers of Jesus Christ, moms and dads, brothers and sisters, grandmothers and grandfathers who are the true friend of the unborn, will continue to stand in the gap for life with the Lord’s help. We will continue to take the Gospel to abortion clinics, to hospitals, to crisis pregnancy centers, to churches, and those on the street to show the light, love, and hope of Christ in a dark and dying world.
We thank you for the great response to our recent e-alerts on this subject of the harvesting of baby parts by Planned Parenthood for money as reveled in recent undercover videos put out by the Center for Medical Progress. Yesterday a fifth video was released. Click here to view all five. Be forewarned that it is graphic as they casually discuss the harvesting of intact baby parts and sort through a pile of little hands, legs, etc.
Though this is deeply grieving, and if like us, you may have spilled many tears as each of these videos has been released, know that we must stand strong. We are encouraged by Paul’s message to the Corinthians:
“We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.” -2 Corinthians 4:8-9.
Unequivocally, Planned Parenthood should not be receiving one cent of our tax dollars. Though the U.S. Senate voted Monday not to defund Planned Parenthood, this battle to defund Planned Parenthood is not over! Pro-life leaders in the U.S. House of Representatives are calling for investigations into Planned Parenthood’s practices and policies. And, at the state level, we want to see that Planned Parenthood does not receive any state funding.
CWA of North Carolina seeks to influence our National and State legislators, including Gov. Pat McCrory, to overturn abortion throughout the land. As North Carolina’s abortion clinics legally perform abortions up to 20 weeks, all clinics should be investigated. Selling fetal body parts is not legal in the United States. Planned Parenthood must be defunded.
- Please take a moment to thank Sen. Burr and Sen. Tillis. It is important for these men to know that we appreciate their stand for life. Contact Sen. Richard Burr at (336) 631-5125 and /or via Facebook, Twitter and E-mail. Contact Sen. Thom Tillis at (704) 509-9087 and/or via Facebook, Twitter and E-mail. Urge their continued support to defund Planned Parenthood. If you are able, visit them in their home office as they are home for the month of August.
- If you haven’t already, please contact Gov. Pat McCrory at 919-814-2000 and/or email him and ask that the 21 abortion clinics in North Carolina be investigated. At this time, the Governor’s office has received numerous calls, but there is no statement forthcoming nor an investigation planned.
- Contact your U.S. representative and encourage him/her to call for an investigation into the practices of Planned Parenthood and to defund them immediately. Sign petition here. If time allows, please personally contact all North Carolina U.S. representatives via phone and e-mail. Click here for a list of all 13. Go to the upper right corner of that same link to find out who specifically represents you. The pressure needs to continue until an investigation is official.
- Forward this e-alert on to like-minded friends and family and urge them to pray and take action on this vital issue.
- Pray that Members of Congress, along with Gov. Pat McCrory and governor’s throughout the nation will do the right thing and call for an investigation of Planned Parenthood and of abortion clinics in each state.
- Pray for the leaders of Planned Parenthood. May the Lord call them to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
“For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret …” Psalm 139:13-15
Silence is not an option!