Biden’s First 100 Days
- With less than 100 days of the Biden Administration under our belt, faith-based organizations can already tell it will be a bumpy four years in the continuous fight for everything we hold dear.
- In the history of the United States, we have never seen a frontal assault on our religious liberty and rights of conscience like we are witnessing today.
Administration and Appointees
- The most important thing to note in a presidential administration is appointed personnel. Personnel equals policy.
- We need to be deeply concerned about the impact of the thousands of people staffing our cabinet agencies, appointed judges, and staff in the White House who have a fundamentally unconstitutional view of religious liberty and rights of conscience.
- Particular agencies to be concerned about: Department of Justice (DOJ), Department of Education (ED), Health and Human Services (HHS), and Department of Defense (DOD).
- President Biden’s appointment and the Senate’s confirmation of Xavier Becerra as HHS Secretary is perhaps the most concerning. He is an attorney with no healthcare background. During Becerra’s time as California’s Attorney General, he targeted crisis pregnancy centers, trying to enforce a law that would mandate pro-life clinics to have to refer women to abortion centers.
- This Administration’s HHS will be the strongest opposition to religious liberty we have seen in American history.
- As President Biden’s Secretary of Education, Dr. Miguel Cardona has the power to directly impact the rights and conscience of Christian schools, Catholic schools, and all other forms of private education.
- Office of Legal Policy (OLP) is an office within the DOJ which frames policy and has direct impact on religious liberty and conscious laws.
- President Biden’s Secretary of Defense, Gen. Lloyd Austin, took less than two weeks to formalize policies for sexuality questions, training, critical race theory, etc. We are watching the “wokeism” of the American military and Pentagon.
Legislation Supported by the Administration
- The Equality Act is the single most dangerous piece of legislation in the realm of religious liberty that has ever been voted on in the House and introduced in the Senate.
- H.R. 1 is equally as dangerous as the Equality Act as far as the integrity of our elections. The Democrats have said this legislation is their top priority.
- H.R. 1 is the federalization and the unconstitutional grabbing and directing of all of our elections.
- H.R. 1 and its Senate counterpart, S.R. 1, essentially claim the Founders were wrong in allowing states to create their own election laws. If our election laws are federalized, the first goal would be to clamp down on people of faith through securing elections that favor Democrat candidates.
- A huge beacon of hope for us as conservative Christians is the Supreme Court.
- These four years may be concerning, but we can be encouraged by the lifetime appointment of the Supreme Court Justices.
- Our foundational rights are not something our government should be able to take from us because they don’t come from the government, the Founders, or our founding documents. Our rights are given to us by God.