HB81, an important bill relating to preferred pronouns and school policies on expressed gender, is moving through the Louisiana State Legislature. Because of your prayer and action, the bill passed out of the House Education Committee by a vote of 7-5 and was also voted out of the House by a vote of 62-32. The bill is now pending in the Senate Education Committee and is scheduled to be heard on Thursday, June 1, at 10:00 a.m. CST. Senate committee members must hear from those who stand with us on prohibiting a public school from adopting a policy or practice regarding expressed gender.
Forcing teachers to use “preferred pronouns” infringes on a teacher’s right to free speech and the free exercise of religion. Policies that require a student to be referred to by gender, non-binary, or plural pronouns, or other gendered languages that are different from the student’s biological sex violate the religious belief that God assigns sex at conception and is a conflict for those unwilling to compromise their beliefs.
Please Take Action:
- Email or call the members of the Senate Education Committee listed below my signature line and ask them to vote Yes on HB81. If you are a Concerned Women for America of Louisiana member, please let them know. Do not hesitate to leave a message on their voicemail.
- Forward this email to family and friends!
Please Pray: Pray for the legislators on the Senate committee by name that God would give them the wisdom and understanding to accomplish His purposes.
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
Senate Education Committee
- Cleo Fields, Chairman (D-District 14) [email protected] | 225-342-9514
- Katrina Jackson, Vice Chair (D-District 34) [email protected] | 318-343-2877
- Robert Mills, Member (R-District 36) sen36[email protected] | 318-371-5200
- Mark Abraham, Member (R-District 25) [email protected] | 337.475.3016
- Beth Mizell, Member (R-District 12) [email protected] | 985-839-3936
- Kirk Talbot, Member (R-District 10) [email protected] | 504-736-7299
- Mack A. “Bodi” White Jr., Member (R-District 6) [email protected] | 225-272-1324