You can make a difference in North Dakota by praying and acting on two important bills being considered during the 2023 North Dakota legislative session. HB 1249 and HB 1489 relating to fair competition and equality in girls’ sports for all North Dakota female athletes.
HB 1249 and HB 1489 will protect women’s sports at high schools and institutions of higher education by “designating athletic teams and sports for male, female or coed participation.” This legislation prohibits male-born athletes from entering women’s sports as transwomen.
Read Concerned Women for America’s Protecting Women’s Sports CWA Fact Sheet for important information on this issue.
I submitted testimony in favor of the bills and urged the committee members to give HB 1249 and HB 1489 a do-pass recommendation. The House Human Services Committee Members must hear from those who stand with us on protecting girls’ sports in High Schools (HB 1249) and at institutions of higher education (HB 1489).
Please Take Action:
- Email or call the members of the House Human Services Committee listed below my signature line and ask them to vote a “Do Pass” on HB 1249 and HB 1489. If you are a member of Concerned Women for America of North Dakota, please let them know. Do not hesitate to leave a message on their voicemail.
- Forward this email to family and friends! Every email message and every phone call are counted!
Please Pray: Pray for our legislators on the House Human Service Committee by name, that God would give them the wisdom and understanding to accomplish His purposes.
“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” Ephesians 6:12
Please vote “Do Pass” on HB 1249 and HB 1289. Protect equal opportunity and a fair playing field for girls’ and women’s sports. Individual male-born athletes should not be eligible to participate on an athletic team that is exclusively for females.
Your name and town
Members of the House Education Committee:
- Chairman Robin Weisz (R-District 14) Email [email protected] | Cell phone 701-962-3799
- Vice-Chairman Rep. Matthew Ruby (R-District 40) Email [email protected] |
- Karen Anderson (R-District 19) Email: [email protected] |
Cell phone 701-520-0559
- Mike Beltz (R-District 20) Email: [email protected] | Cell phone 701-430-1209
- Jayme Davis (D-District 9) Email: [email protected] | Cell phone 701-202-8700
- Gretchen Dobervich (D-District 11) Email: [email protected] | 701-361-5627
- Clayton Fegley (R-District 4B) Email: [email protected] |Cell phone 701-263-1442
- Kathy Frelich (R-District 15) Email [email protected] |Cell phone 701-351-0719
- Dawson Holle (R-District 31) Email [email protected] | Cell phone 701-214-9506
- Dwight Kiefert (R-District 24) Email [email protected] |Cell phone 701-490-0443
- Carrie McLeod (R-District 45) Email [email protected] |Cell phone 701-306-7689