“Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.” 1 John 3:18
Our country experienced an incredible win for life last year with the Supreme Court’s Dobbs v. Jackson Women‘s Health Organization decision. The Dobbs decision stated that “the Constitution does not confer a right to abortion; Roe and Casey are overruled; and the authority to regulate abortion is returned to the people and their elected Representatives.”
Current law in Louisiana does not allow for abortion in the case of rape or incest. However, there are efforts in the Louisiana State Legislature to remove the rape and incest exceptions. HB549 would add rape and incest to the list of acts performed by a physician that shall not be considered an abortion.
Concerned Women for America (CWA) of Louisiana believes that we should love and care for mothers who are experiencing an unexpected pregnancy, but compassion for these mothers does not have to coincide with condoning the unjust death of an innocent child.
Contact the members of the House Criminal Justice Committee members and ask them to oppose HB549 and protect all life in the womb. The committee contact information is listed below my signature.
Forward this alert to like-minded family and friends.
Pray: Father, we come with humble hearts and awe at how You moved to reverse Roe vs Wade. Now, we come to You and ask that You move in Louisiana and expose, confuse, and reverse the culture of death in this State. Amen.
I pray that you are encouraged to act on behalf of those who need an arm of support as they walk through an unexpected pregnancy and will be bold to stand for the lives of the unborn, our most vulnerable.
House Administration of Criminal Justice Members – 2023
- Rep. Joseph A. Marino, III, Chairman (I-District85) email@example.com (504) 361-6013)
- Rep. Tony Bacala, Vice Chair (R-District 59) firstname.lastname@example.org | (225) 677-8020
- Rep. Marcus Anthony Bryant (D-District 96) email@example.com | (337) 373-9380
- Rep. Kathy Edmonston (R-District 88) firstname.lastname@example.org |(225) 647-5646
- Rep. Bryan Fontenot (R-District 55) email@example.com |(985) 447-0999
- Rep. Raymond Garolo (R-District 103) firstname.lastname@example.org | (504) 277-4729
- Rep. Jonathan Goudeau (R-District 31) email@example.com | (337) 347-7077
- Rep. Valerie Hodges (R-District 64) firstname.lastname@example.org | (225) 791-2199
- Rep. Dodie Horton (R-District 9) email@example.com | (318) 949-2463
- Rep. Alonzo L. Knox (D-District 93) firstname.lastname@example.org | (504) 568 – 3101
- Rep. Vanessa Caston LaFleur (D-District 101) email@example.com | (225) 925-6880
- Rep. C. Denise Marcelle (D-District 61) firstname.lastname@example.org | (225) 359-9362
- Rep. Nicholas Muscarello (R-District 86) email@example.com | (985) 974-0009
- Rep. Alan Seabaugh (R-District 5) firstname.lastname@example.org | (318) 676-7990
- Rep. Debbie Villia (R-District 79) email@example.com | (504) 468-8603