Concerned Women for America will be gathering with like-minded organizations at the State Capitol to pray and rally to oppose Assembly Bill 2943. Please join us on Tuesday, June 12!
AB 2943 is an infringement on religious freedom and freedom of speech. It makes sexual orientation change therapy illegal for adults seeking to resolve unwanted feelings of sexuality and gender. AB 2943 would ban counselors, experts, authors, and even religious leaders from trying to help. In addition the language is so vague that if passed, AB 2943 could arguably outlaw the Bible in California. The government has no right to impose on Californians’ basic constitutional rights.
Make plans now to join us in Sacramento next week on Tuesday, June 12!
• 9:00 a.m. – Rally – meet at the State Capitol in Sacramento on the West steps. We will hear from multiple individuals who once lived the homosexual lifestyle and were helped by sexual orientation change efforts.
• 11:00 a.m. – Lunch on your own in the Capitol cafeteria or surrounding restaurants.
• 12:00 noon – Rally – meet at the State Capitol in Sacramento on the West steps, stage left, under the large trees. Speakers will include Pastor Jack Hibbs of Calvary Chapel Chino Hills, John Jackson, president of William Jessup University and others.
• 1:30 p.m. – Attend the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing in room 112. CWA of California, as well as many other organizations and individuals, will publicly voice our opposition to this senseless bill, AB 2943, at the hearing
Please pray for peace and protection. Pray that the words CWA of California will speak at the hearing, as well as the words of others, will change the hearts that need to be changed.
Please take action:
1. Make plans now to attend the June 12 rally.
2. Encourage friends and family in and near Sacramento to pray about these issues and attend the rally.
3. If you haven’t had a change to respond to our last e-alert on this matter, please contact each member of the Senate Judiciary Committee and ask them to oppose AB 2943. Be sure to let them know that you are a member of Concerned Women for America of California.
4. Let me know you’re coming; email me at [email protected]
“The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold” (Psalm 46:7).
CWA of CA
Please consider partnering with CWA of California. Donations will support our efforts as we represent your voice, your concerns, your views in Washington, D.C., in California, and even in your local government. You may donate online or please consider sending a check, making it payable to: “Concerned Women for America”. Write “CWA of CA” on the memo line and mail it to:
CWA of California
P.O. Box 1323
Borrego Springs, CA 92004