Have you heard of or been a part of our Encourage-A-Legislator (EAL) program? This is a fantastic program which gives the citizens of California an opportunity to pray for and encourage an assigned state legislator over the course of his/her public service in their current office.
Conservative or liberal, our legislators desperately need prayer.
“First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions
and thanksgivings be made on behalf …of kings and all who are in authority,
so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.” ~ 1 Timothy 1:1-2 (NASB)
“The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.” ~James 5:16 (NKJV)
Though CWA members and friends are regularly called upon to contact their legislators concerning our core issues, the EAL program is designed to simply pray for and encourage the legislators with no mention of legislation or policy. The goal is to simply uplift the legislator and to remind him or her that they are regularly prayed for.
Currently we are looking for an EAL Director to oversee the program. Could that person be you?
Here’s how the program works:
- A person signs up to be an Encourager.
- A packet is then sent to them containing: a bio of their assigned legislator, 12 postcards, and suggested quotes, prayers, Bible verses that can be shared with the legislator.
- On the 1st day of the month the Encourager receives an email reminder to send their postcard and to pray for their legislator.
Things to consider if you want to become our new EAL Director:
- This commitment requires approximately 3-4 hours per month.
- Every month postcards are sent to the Encouragers who need their supply replenished. (CWA covers the cost of printing and postage.) About 100 Encouragers and legislators are currently part of the program.
- A monthly email is sent to remind Encouragers to send their postcards plus occasional messages to inspire and inspirit them.
If you believe that God might be asking you to step into the role of CWA of California EAL Director, please contact me at 858-829-6064 or firstname.lastname@example.org. I am happy to talk to you about it and answer any questions you may have.
Please join me in praying that God will provide someone to fill this unique role.
God bless you,