Proponents of a Convention of States, also called a Constitutional Convention, Article 5 Convention, or Con-Con, have been working overtime to gain legislative support for HB 390, the Application for Convention of Statesbill. You can read why this is a very bad idea in my previous alert.
HB 390 passed out of the House Regulatory Reform Committee and must be approved by the Rules Committee before it can go to the House floor for a vote. The vote could come up at any time.
Please contact the following people and urge them not to bring forward HB 390.
- Speaker of the House Tim Moore (R-Cleveland): 704-733-3451 [email protected]
- Chairman of Rules, Calendar and Operations Committee David Lewis (R-Harnett): 919-715-3015 [email protected]
Please contact the following members of the Rules Committee asking them to vote NO on HB390 should it come before them for a vote.
- Rep. James L. Boles, Jr. (R-Moore): 919-733-5903 [email protected]
- Rep. William D. Brisson (R-Bladen): 919-733-5772 [email protected]
- Rep. Dana Bumgarner (R-Gaston): 919-733-5809 [email protected]
- Rep. Ted Davis, Jr. (R-New Hanover): 919-733-5786 [email protected]
- Rep. Jimmy Dixon (R-Duplin): 919-715-3021 [email protected]
- Rep. John A. Fraley (R-Iredell): 919-733-5741 [email protected]
- Rep. Holly Grange (R-New Hanover): 919-733-5830 [email protected]
- Rep. Jon Hardister (R-Guilford): 919-733-5191 [email protected]
- Rep. Kelly E. Hastings (R-Cleveland): 919-715-2002 [email protected]
- Rep. Linda P. Johnson (R-Cabarrus): 919-733-5861 [email protected]
- Rep. Stephen M. Ross (R-Alamance): 919-733-5820 [email protected]
- Rep. Jason Saine (R-Lincoln): 919-733-5782 [email protected]
Please pray that this bill will be stopped, as our God-given freedoms and liberties are at stake.
“These are the things you are to do: Speak the truth to each other and render true and sound judgment in your courts.” (Zechariah 8:16)
For Truth and Righteousness,
CWA of North Carolina
Get more involved with CWA of North Carolina!
- Join a Prayer/Action chapter in your area. Contact me today to find out where the closest one is located to you.
- If someone forwarded you this e-alert and you would like to be on our e-alert list, please contact me.
- Please donateto CWA of North Carolina. Our state is run exclusively by volunteers and supported 100 percent through donations. The lighthouse is pictured on our websitesymbolizing that we are to be a light in the darkness. In these dark days, please consider being a light by donatingto the prayer and action ministry of CWA of North Carolina. Thank you in advance for considering this opportunity!