I am sad to report that on Monday, March 4, North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein filed a lawsuit to block the Trump administration’s new Protect Life Rule policy, Title X Rule, that prevents taxpayer dollars from going to Planned Parenthood and other abortion companies. North Carolina is among more than 20 states who have filed and is the only Southern state joining this lawsuit. It is interesting to note that most of these states have Democrat governors.
This new Title X Rule would ban Title X family planning providers from making referrals for abortion services and require providers to physically and financially separate their Title X practices from their abortion services. According to Planned Parenthood’s own research arm, the Guttmacher Institute, reported that 926,200 babies died by abortion in 2014! CWA does not consider abortion to be a method of “family planning.”
Also, the American Medical Association (AMA) and Planned Parenthood are suing the Trump Administration regarding the new regulations, stating that it poses a “national public health crisis.” The fact is that there are a vast number of federally qualified health centers all over the nation that provide low-income families their family planning services. Abby Johnson, once a Planned Parenthood clinic director, reported on thehill.com that, “Planned Parenthood has about 650 facilities nationwide, all of which provide very limited care to their patients. Yet there are over 13,000 non-abortion providing Federally Qualified Health Centers that provide whole health care to women and their families. And that number doesn’t include the tens of thousands of private and group physicians that accept government subsidy programs like Medicaid.”
Planned Parenthood says that they will not accept the new regulations and will therefore relinquish approximately $60 million in annual funding. I must confess that brings a smile to my face.
Please click on this link to learn why CWA supports the Trump Administration’s new Title X regulations.
Please Take Action:
- Contact Governor Cooper by phone: 919-814-2000 and/or email.
Contact Attorney General Stein by phone: 919-716-6400.
Respectfully notify them their lawsuit against the Trump Administration’s new Title X policy does not represent your views and that you favor the new Title X regulations.
- Also contact AMA President Barbara L. McAneny, MD and the Board of Trustees at this link. Let them know that you are alarmed that they would join together with Planned Parenthood, that you support the new Title X regulations, and lastly, that the AMA of all medical organizations should support this new life-saving policy.
Please pray and fast for the protection of the unborn. Jesus said to his disciples, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” (Mark 10:14-15)
For Truth and Righteousness,
Consider getting more involved with CWA of North Carolina!
- Join a Prayer/Action chapter in your area. Contact me today to find out where the closest one is located to you.
- If someone forwarded you this e-alert and you would like to be on our e-alert list, please contact me.
- Please donate to CWA of North Carolina. Our state is run exclusively by volunteers and supported 100 percent through donations. The lighthouse is pictured on our website symbolizing that we are to be a light in the darkness. In these dark days, please consider being a light by donating to the prayer and action ministry of CWA of North Carolina. Thank you in advance for considering this opportunity!