Concerned Women for America (CWA) of Maine encourages you to attend the March for Life sponsored by Maine Right to Life Saturday, January 18, in Augusta in support of the sanctity of human life from birth until natural death.
March for Life Schedule:
- 10:00 a.m. – Mass at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, 41 Western Avenue, Augusta, OR Prayer Service at Penney Memorial United Baptist Church, 393 Water St., Augusta.
- 11:00 a.m. – Gather at St. Michael’s School gym (adjacent to St. Mary’s Catholic Church) and network with other pro-life participants. Refreshments will be available with donations gratefully accepted.
- 11:15 a.m. – Rally. Speakers include Bishop Robert Deeley and other prominent pro-life leaders.
- 12:15 p.m. March begins after the rally. We will march to the State Capitol. Look for the CWA of Maine banner and march with us!
- 12:30 p.m. We will join hands as we assemble around the Capitol. The Capitol bell will ring 47 times, representing the number of years since Roe v. Wade was enacted.
- Please join us on Saturday, January 18, to show your support for the sanctity of life!
- Make plans now to attend and be sure to invite a friend!
- If you plan to attend, call your state legislators and let them know that you will be attending the March for Life and that you encourage them to vote for legislation this year that protects human life from conception to natural death. To find and contact your lawmakers by the town you live in, follow these links, Representative and Senator.
- If you are unable to attend, call your state legislators and simply encourage them to vote for legislation this year that protects human life from conception to natural death. To find and contact your lawmakers by the town you live in, follow these links, Representative and Senator.
Whether you can attend any of the above events or not, please pray for this issue on a state and national level throughout 2020. Pray for those who oppose the life issue – that their hearts will be tendered toward the wonderful gift of life. And, if they do not know Jesus, pray they will come to a saving knowledge of Him.
“For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.”
Take a stand for the unborn because life is priceless.