Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Education as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Parents exercise authority over children and are to teach them right from wrong.
- “Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6)
Children are instructed to look to their parents for guidance.
- “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. ‘Honor your father and mother,’ which is the first commandment with promise.” (Ephesians 6:1-2)
Parents are told to train their children and instruct them in the faith.
- “And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.” (Ephesians 6:4)
- “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.” (Deuteronomy 6:6-9)
- “For He established a testimony in Jacob, And appointed a law in Israel, Which He commanded our fathers, That they should make them known to their children; That the generation to come might know them, The children who would be born, That they may arise and declare them to their children, That they may set their hope in God, And not forget the works of God, But keep His commandments.” (Psalm 78:5-7)
Concerns and Goals
We are concerned about:
- The declining quality of education, the deterioration of parental rights and authority, the increasing emphasis on Godless philosophies, and, in particular, the unbalanced presentation of America’s founding, of evolution and of sex education.
- Children who must attend failing schools or schools that denigrate their beliefs and values.
- Privacy, safety, and opportunity of students in schools and sports based on biological sex.
We are working to see:
- The quality of education restored to a level of excellence in academic achievement without governmental mandates that are detrimental to parental rights.
- School choice options available to parents that will benefit all children.
- Upholding of Title IX on the basis of binary, biological sex preventing gender identity to overrule sex.
Washington, D.C.— In a 5-4 decision in Espinoza v. Montana Dept. of Revenue, the United States Supreme Court invalidated a Montana law that targeted religious institutions for discrimination. Penny Nance,…
As we recognize the 48th Anniversary of Title IX this week, Penny Nance sent a letter to Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos encouraging decisive action to enforce Title IX’s mandate…
CWA’s Vice President of Government Relations appeared on Washington Watch with Tony Perkins to discuss the recent Department of Education ruling that the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference’s (CIAC) policy allowing…
Do you want to understand what socialism is and how it impacts society? Or, how to respond to socialist promises like – Free Stuff! – healthcare and college? This…
Our CEO and President, Penny Nance and Cathy Ruse, JD, Senior Legal Fellow for the Family Research Council partnered together to write an opinion article for The Christian Post about…
CWA’s 40th Anniversary Gala and the Equal Campus Access Act: CWA’s Legislative Strategist, Ashley Traficant talks with Tamara Scott on Truth For Our Time. The two discuss Concerned Women for America’s…
CWA’s CEO and President, Penny Nance, was featured on Fox News Radio today on The Todd Starnes Show over the backlash she received after writing about political correctness on campuses…
Concerned Women for America Legislative Action Committee (CWALAC) is targeting support on education legislation towards the Student Empowerment Act, S. 157 and the Equal Campus Access Act, S. 1168. CWALAC…