Concerned Women for America through its Board of Trustees has established Education as one of its seven core issues on which we focus our efforts. Below, please find a few very basic verses that describe the Biblical support we find for our focus on this issue, as taken from our Core Issues: Biblical Foundations document. We also include our concerns on this issue, followed by the goals set forth to reverse the devastating trends in our society, as taken from our Concerns and Goals document.
Parents exercise authority over children and are to teach them right from wrong.
- “Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6)
Children are instructed to look to their parents for guidance.
- “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. ‘Honor your father and mother,’ which is the first commandment with promise.” (Ephesians 6:1-2)
Parents are told to train their children and instruct them in the faith.
- “And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.” (Ephesians 6:4)
- “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.” (Deuteronomy 6:6-9)
- “For He established a testimony in Jacob, And appointed a law in Israel, Which He commanded our fathers, That they should make them known to their children; That the generation to come might know them, The children who would be born, That they may arise and declare them to their children, That they may set their hope in God, And not forget the works of God, But keep His commandments.” (Psalm 78:5-7)
Concerns and Goals
We are concerned about:
- The declining quality of education, the deterioration of parental rights and authority, the increasing emphasis on Godless philosophies, and, in particular, the unbalanced presentation of America’s founding, of evolution and of sex education.
- Children who must attend failing schools or schools that denigrate their beliefs and values.
- Privacy, safety, and opportunity of students in schools and sports based on biological sex.
We are working to see:
- The quality of education restored to a level of excellence in academic achievement without governmental mandates that are detrimental to parental rights.
- School choice options available to parents that will benefit all children.
- Upholding of Title IX on the basis of binary, biological sex preventing gender identity to overrule sex.
Concerned Women for America (CWA) joined other conservative leaders in signing two memorandums that were distributed around the country. You can read the memorandums below. Memorandum #1 – Follow the…
As 2020 Ends and Schools Stay Closed, President Trump Orders Emergency Learning Scholarships to Offer Hope in the New Year COVID-19 caused many public schools to stay closed for…
By Amy Lidell, Intern for Concerned Women for America Last week the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) partnered with the White House, Justice Department, and Department of…
The U.S. Department of Education has finalized a significant rule to secure free speech and equal access rights for faith-based groups on public college campuses and shield them from discrimination….
Across the country, millions of families are faced with cobbling together strategies to make a new school year work. In many places, schools could have been working on better solutions,…
Concerned Women for America data analyst, Keri Ann Thompson, wrote a recent op-ed for CNSNews on her reflections on being a homeschooling mom. Read the entire op-ed.
Back to School is here, and it seems we are back to where we ended – struggling to adapt to continued uncertainty without the luxury of time on our side. …
Washington, D.C.— In a 5-4 decision in Espinoza v. Montana Dept. of Revenue, the United States Supreme Court invalidated a Montana law that targeted religious institutions for discrimination. Penny Nance,…