Every year is an election year for the Commonwealth of Virginia. This year, the Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, and entire House of Delegates will all be on the ballot along with some local races. The candidates for each party will be selected either by a primary or an unassembled convention. The Democratic primary is in June, and the Republican unassembled State Convention is May 8. Please visit each parties’ website for their process.
Concerned Women for America (CWA) of Virginia has embraced the challenge to register new voters early. On March 31, we trained a group of women on how to register new voters at local events such as farmer’s markets, gun shows, car shows, churches, and local festivals. Participants learned how to assist individuals in registering to vote, check their registration status, find their polling place, and/or apply to vote by mail. We also reviewed the paper voter registration application and noted what is required by the Commonwealth of Virginia for new voters.
- Would you like to join us in registering voters?
- Would you like to be trained on how to do a non-partisan registration table at your church or local event?
- Would you like to assist someone in doing a non-partisan registration table in your area?
- Is there an event(s) in your area that would benefit from a non-partisan voter registration table?
- Might your church be open to having a non-partisan voter registration table?
There are already multiple opportunities to assist in tabling in the Lynchburg, Virginia, area. If you are interested in helping in your area, please contact Teresa, our Voter Registration Coordinator, at 434-238-2770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Together we will cultivate voters who are ready to vote their values. You are needed!
We hope to hear from you soon!