Last Friday, the State House of Representatives passed the first of three votes on SB 15, a bill that will extend protections for Texas collegiate female athletes by prohibiting male-born athletes from entering women’s sports as transwomen.
CRITICAL WEEK FOR FEMALE ATHLETES IN TEXAS!
SB 15 must be put on the House Calendar THIS WEEK to be voted on before the House deadline of May 29. Concerned Women for America of Texas will be at the House session representing your voice on this important bill and advocating for fair competition and equality in girls’ sports for all Texas female athletes.
Your voice is critical on this important issue, too! If SB 15 is not passed, our college and university women will be required to share locker rooms, titles, and competition records with biological men whose innate physical capabilities give unfair advantages to them. Women will be denied personal dignity, safety, titles, and records, without which many can suffer repairable financial and professional disadvantages and, in some cases, physical harm.
Will you do these two things today?
- Contact Speaker Dade Phelan (R-District 21) and urge the Speaker to call for the scheduling of SB 15 to the House floor for a vote. This is a simple yet powerful way to stand in the gap for our female athletes. E-mail | (512) 463-1000
- Contact each of the members of the House Calendar Committee and urge them to schedule SB 15 to be put on the docket for a final vote. The committee contact information is listed before my signature.
Please be sure to forward this to family and friends!
Pray for the Speaker and committee members by name that God would give them the wisdom and understanding to accomplish His purposes.
Thank you for engaging on this very important issue.
CWA of Texas
HOUSE CALENDARS COMMITTEE
- Chairman, Rep. Dustin Burrows (R-District 83) (512)463-0542 l [email protected]
- Vice Chairman, Toni Rose (D-District 110) (512)463-0664 l [email protected]
- Rep. David Cook (R-District 96) (512)463-0374 l [email protected]
- Rep. Charlie Geren (R-District 99) (512)463-0610 l [email protected]
- Rep. Cole Hefner (R-District 5) (512)463-0271 l [email protected]
- Rep. Ana Hernandez (D-District 143) (512)463-0614 l [email protected]
- Rep. Ann Johnson (D-District 134) (512)463-0389 l [email protected]
- Rep. Jared Patterson (R-District 106) (512)463-0694 l [email protected]
- Rep. Shelby Slawson (R-District 59) (512)463-0628 l [email protected]
- Rep. James Talarico (D-District 50) (512)463-0821 l [email protected]
- Rep. Ed Thompson (R-District 29) (512)463-0707 l [email protected]