Five Things You Can Do to Stop Planned Parenthood
Here are five ways you can get involved in defunding and ultimately defeating Planned Parenthood:
1. Commit time every day to pray that abortion will end in our lifetime. The following are some Bible verses you can use as you pray:
- Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. – Psalm 127:3 (ESV)
- For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. – Psalm 139:13-14 (NIV)
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” – Jeremiah 1:5 (NKJV)
- “For he will be great in the sight of the Lord … and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born.” – Luke 1:15 (NIV)
2. Be ready to articulately defend the sanctity of life. Start by reading our How to Speak Up for Life: Questions & Answers Driving the Debate e-book. It’s a great way to ensure you’re well informed for the fight!
- An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge. – Proverbs 18:15 (ESV)
3. Volunteer your time, money, and/or expertise to a local pro-life pregnancy center. This is a great hands-on way to make a difference in the fight, by serving women and babies. And the experience will likely bless you too!
- One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed. – Proverbs 11:24-25 (NIV)
4. Vote for pro-life candidates and support pro-life legislation. The presidential election later this year is a powerful opportunity to elect a pro-life leader for our nation – and every vote counts!
- Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. – Romans 13:1 (ESV)
5. Continue to financially support the fight for life through Concerned Women for America (CWA). Your gifts are crucial to keep the momentum going – and ultimately win the fight for life!
- Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. – 2 Corinthians 9:6 (ESV)