- This event has passed.
CWA of North Carolina: 17th Annual Day at the Capital
May 23, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This event will take place from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Legislative Building. This year will be a very special event as we are honored to have North Carolina Values Coalition co-sponsoring the event with us.
Each year, our members and friends who join us attend a 30-minute devotion and prayer time at the Senate Chapel, observe the North Carolina General Assembly in session, and visit our state senators and representatives. Additionally, we will be distributing pastor and evangelical leader Jim Garlow’s book, Well Versed, to all 170 state legislators, as well as the governor and nine Council of State members.
We take seriously the opportunity to speak with our legislators regarding crucial upcoming bills. We will brief attendees on the following two bills before they visit their legislators:
- HB527 “Restore/Preserve Campus Free Speech” — the signature issue championed by Lt. Governor Dan Forest which is designed to maintain freedoms and bolster speech protections across the UNC system and directs the UNC Board of Governors to adopt a campus-wide speech policy to protect and strengthen the right of free speech on college campuses.
- HB910 “Human Trafficking: Resistance and Rescue” — designed to establish a pilot program for student awareness about the dangers and signs of human trafficking, train law enforcement officers, and appropriate funds to implement the program and provide shelter beds and mental health services for victims.
Talking points will be provided for you to distribute to your legislators.
Lunch will be on your own in the legislative cafeteria or snack bar.
Make plans now to attend!
- Register by May 31. Click here to do so.
- Contact both your House and Senate members and make an appointment to visit with them sometime between 10:45 a.m. – 12:50 p.m. or after 1:30 p.m. Click here to find out their names and contact info.
- Invite a friend!
We hope you will join us! We have more influence among our legislators when many of us are speaking up together for our Biblical values.
For Truth and Liberty,
Want to get involved more involved with CWA of North Carolina?
- Consider joining a Prayer/Action chapter. Contact me ([email protected]) today to find out if there is a CWA chapter in your area.
- Please DONATE to CWA of North Carolina. Our state is run exclusively by volunteers and supported 100 percent through donations.
- If someone forwarded you this e-alert and you would like to be on our e-alert list, please contact me.