Like many Americans across the country, I watched the presidential debates with keen interest. What follows are initial impressions and random thoughts. You may or may not agree with me, but I’m pretty sure a lot of you will. So here they are, in no particular order:
1) Tim Pawlenty, whom I genuinely like, should have focused his attacks on Obama instead of Michele Bachmann because it’s embarrassing when a girl kicks your butt.
2) Rick Santorum shined by standing on principle.
3) Jon Huntsman was as utterly lackluster as expected.
4) Newt Gingrich was the most clear-headed speaker regarding the debt commission. It probably won’t work, and we need to cut spending now.
5) Ron Paul still remains the grumpy guy we all enjoy watching. (Get out of my yard kids!)
6) Herman Cain’s business experience works much better for him than his theological musings.
7) Was Mitt Romney there? Oh yeah. He said some stuff, too.