For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord . (II Timothy 1:7 & 8a)
Now is the time for every person who fears God and wants our country to have laws that respect His principles to stand up, travel to Austin and let your presence and your voice be counted.
Monday, July 1, the Omnibus Pro-life bill (HB 2) was presented on the floor of the Texas House of Representatives. It was read for the first reading and then assigned to committee. It was heard in the State Affairs Committee on Tuesday, July 2. After many hours of testimony, the bill was passed out of the committee on an 8-3 party line vote. Now the bill will go to the full House for a vote. That could happen as early as Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.
A companion bill, SB 1, has been introduced in the Senate, but no action has been taken as yet.
WE NEED YOU!
Monday, July 8, at 7:00 p.m. five pro-life organizations in Texas are asking pro-life Texans to join them on the south steps of the Texas State Capitol for a giant Pro-Life Rally. We need you to be the voice for the unborn. We are excited to have a wonderful line-up of pro-life leaders and elected officials. The list of speakers includes:
- Jim Bob and Michelle Duggars TV personalities from 19 Kids and Counting
- Gov. Mick Huckabee Radio and TV talk show host and former Governor of Arkansas
- Dr. Robert Jeffress Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church of Dallas
- Former Congresswoman Marilyn Musgrave Vice-President of Government Affairs, Susan B. Anthony List
- Penny Nance CEO and President of the Concerned Women for America Legislative Action Committee
- Gov. Rick Perry Governor of the great state of Texas
- Members of the Texas House and Senate and other elected officials
Please plan to join us on the south steps of the Texas State Capitol on Monday, July 8, at 7:00 p.m. We look forward to seeing you!
Follow this event on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/events/307980142671401/?ref=22
In service to our precious Lord,
Concerned Women for America of Texas