The battle to defend religious freedom in North Carolina has begun. Religious Freedom Restoration (RFRA) legislation has been introduced in the House (HB 348) and Senate (SB 550). Won’t you join us to do all you can to ensure that the Religious Freedom Restoration Act is passed into law? Click here to view the bill.
Every American is guaranteed the freedom to live and work consistent with their faith without unnecessary government interference. The Government shouldn’t have a license to punish Americans for exercising these basic civil rights. The Founding Fathers knew government could very easily become a threat to freedom. It is the reason why they put very clear restrictions on government in our Constitution. The religious freedom law helps maintain that vision by ensuring the government’s actions are not left unchecked when it comes to America’s first freedom: religious freedom.
CWA of North Carolina has banded together with other pro-family organizations in the state to fight for religious freedom under the coalition name Live Faithfully NC website. Be sure to go to the Live Faithfully NC website for helpful information and resources.
Today and in the days ahead, your faithful prayers and work to support the Religious Freedom Restoration Act in our great state are appreciated, thank you!
Pray: Pray that the liberty and wisdom of God prevails in the battle to uphold religious freedom in our state and nation.
“Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty” 2 Corinthians 3:17.
“But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him” James 2:5.
Urgent Action Needed:
- Please call Gov. McCrory (919-814-2000), your representative and your senator. Urge them to support the RFRA legislation that has been introduced in the House (HB 348) and Senate (SB 550). Click here to find your legislator and their contact information. If time allows, call all Members of the North Carolina General Assembly – both House and Senate.
- Send an e-mail to the Governor and both your representative and senator with the links above. If time allows, send one to all in the House and Senate.
- Sign the petition.
- Make plans to attend the North Carolina Values’ Religious Freedom Day of Action on Saturday, April 28, in Raleigh. Check in at 10:00 a.m. on Halifax Mall. Bring family, friends and church.
- Tweet, post, and Instagram your support for a RFRA in North Carolina using the hashtag #LiveFaithfullyNC.
- Forward this e-mail to like-minded friends, family, pastor and acquaintances. Encourage them to pray and act on this important issue.
CWA and CWA of North Carolina support the God-given rights of individuals in the United States and other nations to pray, worship, and express their beliefs without fear of discrimination or persecution.
The Religious Freedom Restoration Act protects your constitutional right to practice your religious beliefs without suffering civil backlash from the government. RFRA restricts the government’s infringement on an individual’s freedoms and ensures that Americans’ fundamental freedoms get a fair hearing in court.
Read more about this important issue on our website.