With the recent U.S. Supreme Court judicial nomination made by President Obama for Judge Merrick Garland, I cannot stress strongly enough just how important it is that we respond with immediate prayer and action.
Judge Garland’s record on the D.C. Circuit proves that he would be a reliable fifth SCOTUS vote for many extreme liberal priorities, like gutting the First and Second Amendment, unleashing the abortion industry (legalizing partial-birth abortion), and helping to maintain unaccountable bureaucratic agencies like the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
With the recent death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, attention is now on the Republican-held Senate. Mitch McConnell, Sen. Majority Leader (R-Kentucky) said, “This vacancy should not be filled until we have a new President.” Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) stated, “We are one justice away from a Supreme Court that would undermine the religious liberty of millions of Americans.”
“This is the most important battle of our lives,” says Penny Nance, CEO and President of CWA. Mrs. Nance met with Senator Grassley (R-Iowa), Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, to commend him on his courageous stance on the current vacancy to the Supreme Court. The Republican members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, including Sen. Thom Tillis (R-North Carolina), signed a letter agreeing to no hearings and no votes on any nominee to the Supreme Court.
Pray that any selection or nomination made by President Obama to fill the vacancy in the Supreme Court of the United States will be thwarted and not be acted upon by the U.S. Senate. Let us pray for truth and justice in accordance with God’s will. “Shall not the Judge of all the earth deal justly?” (Genesis 18:25)
Please Take Action:
- North Carolinians are asked to please call and/or e-mail our two U.S. Senators urging them not to accept or vote on any nominations for the U.S. Supreme Court that are made by President Obama. Please emphasize as talking points not to allow any Supreme Court nominations to be accepted or approved by members of the U.S. Senate until after the elections and after the inauguration of the new President, whoever that may be.
Sen. Richard Burr (R-North Carolina)
Sen. Thom Tillis (R-North Carolina)
- Be sure to thank Sen. Thom Tillis, a Republican member of the Judiciary Committee for signing a letter agreeing to no hearings and no votes on any nominee to the Supreme Court.
- Call and/or e-mail Chairman of the Judiciary Committee Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa). Thank him for his commitment to not allowing any judicial nominees a hearing. He needs our support now!
Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa)
- Stay informed, regularly read about this issue at nc.cwfa.org
- Pass this e-alert on to like-minded friends and family.