The State Aid – Public Aid Abortions Bill, HB 4013, will remove restrictions on taxpayer funding of abortions. HB 4013 was filled by Rep. Sara Feigenholtz (D – District 12).
The ban on taxpayer funding of abortion for state employees and Medicaid recipients has saved the lives of thousands of babies in Illinois since its inception in 1977.
If passed this bill will:
- Remove restrictions on taxpayer funding of abortions for state employees and those receiving Medicaid.
- Allow physicians who willfully performed an abortion procedure on a non-pregnant woman to provide medical assistance to public aid recipients.
- Allow Department of Human services to give grants to nonprofit agencies and organizations for abortion purposes.
Status: HB 2013 is currently in the House Rules Committee.
Click here to read the bill, view it’s progress through the legislature and more.
- Pray for a public outcry from clergy and the pro-life community to stop HB 4013.
- Pray for the church to repent of the indifference they may have towards abortion and that they will have a renewed resolve to stand for the rights of the unborn.
- Pray for legislators to realize that they are accountable to God for the votes they make concerning the lives of the unborn.
- Contact the members of the Rules Committee and ask them to oppose HB 4013.
- Contact your State Representatives and urge them to oppose HB 4013. If it moves quickly out of committee, your representatives need to be put on notice now that you want them to oppose HB 4013. Don’t know who your representatives are? No problem, click here and put in your address. It’s easy!
- Forward this e-alert to your friends, neighbors, and associates to urge their state representative to vote NO on HB 4013.
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” Edmund Burke