Be Part of the CWA of Illinois Encourage-A-Legislator Project
Only prayer and action will turn the hearts of our legislators and Illinoisans in 2017! Here’s how you can help!
We are seeking intercessors for the CWA of Illinois Encourage-A-Legislator (EAL) Project.
EAL is a project of encouragement and prayer for our Illinois legislators not an expression of political or public policy views. It involves 3 easy steps:
- CWA provides 12 pre-addressed postcards that contain a Scripture, Founding Father quote, and prayer.
- Participants sign, stamp and send a postcard once a month and pray earnestly for their assigned legislator.
- Participants are welcome to pray for and encourage more than one legislator.
A special thanks to all those who participated in the 2016 EAL project during the 2016 legislative session. EAL intercessors sent monthly postcards to Illinois elected officials, members of the Illinois General Assembly, as well as all Illinois County Board and Commission Chairpersons. We received several messages from legislators expressing gratitude for the encouragement and prayers.
Prayer moves the Hand of God in the affairs of this nation. In fact, we are commanded to pray for those in authority.
“I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior…” (1 Timothy 2:1)
The Illinois Encourage-a-Legislator project cannot exist without funding. If you feel led, please donate to CWA of Illinois. All donations given to CWA of Illinois funds the state’s projects and initiatives. CWA of Illinois is volunteer-directed. Click here to donate today! Or, feel free to send a check to the address below.
If you would like to participate in the CWA of Illinois Encourage-a-Legislator Project, please call 815-297-2918 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to let us know how many you would like to pray for and encourage.
HB 4013 can be called for a vote anytime during LAME DUCK VETO SESSION.
CALL YOUR LEGISLATOR TODAY! BABIES’ LIVES DEPEND ON YOU!
The battle for the sanctity of human life and family is raging. Speaker Michael Madigan (D-Chicago) has called for a third reading of HB 4013 making it probable that the bill will be voted upon at any time during the Lame Duck Veto Session. (Nov. 15, 16, 17, 29, 30 and Dec. 1)
According to estimates by the Illinois Family Institute, HB 4013 would have the potential to increase abortions in Illinois by at least 37 percent based on the number of Medicaid recipients. In real numbers, that would be about 15,000 more babies slaughtered with our tax dollars each year!
Surveys have revealed most Illinoisans, even those who are pro-choice, do not want their tax dollars paying for abortions.
Make your voice heard now against this legislation to protect the rights of the unborn!
Urge your state representative to vote “No” on HB 4013!
HB 4013 would:
- Remove all bans on using taxpayer funding for abortion for basically any reason throughout all nine months of pregnancy under Medicaid.
- Remove the ban on state employees’ insurance policies paying for abortions.
- Pastors and congregations will urge their state representatives to oppose HB 4013.
- The fear of the Lord will fall upon retiring or defeated lawmakers who are returning to address unfinished business and are no longer accountable to the voters.
- Legislators will be freed from demonic powers and principalities that cause them to vote for abominable legislation.
- Contact your state representative today! Click here to find their name and contact information. Insist that he/she oppose the use of tax dollars going to kill pre-born babies and Vote “NO” on HB 4013.
- Forward this alert to everyone you know – especially your pastor and members of your congregation.
LORD, rescue the unborn from abortion. Forgive us for our complacency. We say, “We knew nothing about this,” but You who weighs the heart knows everything. (Proverbs 24:11-12)
Judge Justifies His Ruling by “Legitimating” a Non-Word
Do you recall the transgender bathroom case last year in Palatine, Illinois? There were 51 families battling to protect the privacy of students in bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers according to their biological gender. The families had sought a preliminary injunction that would require a biological teenage boy who perceived himself as a transgender girl to use the boys’ locker room or a private bathroom while the court moved forward with the case.
On Monday, Magistrate Judge Jeffrey T. Gilbert, in an 82-page report, sided against the 51 families’ request for the preliminary injunction.
Judge Gilbert ruled that
- High school students do not have a constitutional right not to share restrooms or locker rooms with transgender students whose sex assigned at birth is different than theirs.
- A transgender person’s gender identity is an important factor to be considered in determining whether his or her needs, as well as those of cisgender people, can be accommodated in the course of allocating or regulating the use of restrooms and locker rooms. So, to frame the constitutional question in the sense of sex assigned at birth while ignoring gender identity frames it too narrowly.
- A preliminary injunction was an “extraordinary remedy”.
The LGBTQ community has resorted to fabricating terminology to legitimize pseudoscience. Exactly what is a “CISGENDER PERSON”? Could an appeal be made on the basis of fabricating a gender name?
Until parents, the church community and honesty within the psychiatric society push back this gender idiocy, America will continue its downward slope into the abyss.
U.S. District Judge Jorge Alonso, will have the final say over whether to reject or grant the plaintiffs’ request to bar the student from the girls’ locker room while the case proceeds.
The Palatine, Illinois, case is one of many that are challenging the Obama Administration’s efforts to expand bathroom access for transgender students based on their gender identity rather than their birth certificates.
Please PRAY that:
- Churches will take a public stand on the homosexual agenda and have the strength to stand for righteousness.
- Parents will fight to protect the privacy of students in bathrooms, locker rooms and showers according to their biological gender.
Please TAKE ACTION:
- Educate yourself on this issue. Read the CWA brochure Feelings vs. Fact: The Gender Identity Issue. Feel free to print and distribute liberally.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local paper about this case/issue.
- Pass this alert on to friends and family. Much help is needed to stop the LGBTQ agenda to abolish the Biblical and biological definition of gender.
Contact me any time to find out how you can get more involved in defending family values in your community, our great state and America.
It is election season, and Concerned Women for America of Illinois says, “GET OUT THE VOTE! We’re in a battle for the soul of America, and this election will determine the direction America will go.” It is important to get conservative women and men registered to vote and to the polls this election cycle! I hope you exercise your right as an American by voting in the General Election on Tuesday, November 8, 2016. This is a courtesy reminder that you must be registered to vote by November 8, 2016, in order to vote in the General Election.
Get Involved in Illinois!
To vote in Illinois …
• You must be a United States Citizen.
• You must be 17 years old on or before the date of the Primary Election and turn 18 on or before the date of the General Election.
• You must live in your election precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day.
• Not be convicted and in jail.
• Not claim the right to vote anywhere else.
Step #1 – Ensure YOU are registered to vote. (You can register to vote online.)
Go to the Illinois Voter Registration Page at https://ova.elections.il.gov/RegistrationLookup.aspx to check the following:
• Voter registration status
• Poll location
Step #3 – Ensure your family and friends are registered to vote. (Forward this e-alert to them.)
For additional information concerning the election, contact the election authorities in your jurisdiction: http://www.elections.il.gov/ElectionAuthorities/ElecAuthorityList.aspx?Selected=zSbfcjpmCowoELOTKz8rRWhNLoEm7yvA. There you will find:
• Early voting locations
• Elected Officials
• Registration information on file with the county office
• Sample ballot for the upcoming election
• Provisional Ballot Status
(Let the County Clerk know if the voter registration link is not active in your county.)
Step #2- Hold a registration event at your church
We would LOVE to hear back from you if you plan to hold a registration drive! Do not hesitate to contact CWA of Illinois by phone (815-297-2918) or e-mail (email@example.com) if you have any questions about holding a voter registration drive.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION DEADLINE DATES FOR ILLINOIS
• Vote by mail ballot requests deadlines: BY MAIL through Thursday November 3, 2016; IN PERSON through Monday November 7, 2016.
• Early voting by mail or in person: September 29 – October 11, 2016
• Grace Period voting: October 12 – November 8, 2016
• General Election: November 8, 2016
SEE WHICH PARTY LINES UP WITH YOUR VALUES …
Step #3- Review the Party Platform Comparison document.
We have included for you a comparison of the party platforms. Click here to view the 2016 Party Platform Comparison. You can review the Republican platform outlined in red and the Democratic platform outlined in blue. We want to urge you to take the time to look these over and pass them out to your neighbors, friends, church leaders, and anyone in your sphere of influence who could benefit from knowing the truth.
Thank you for your action!
CWA of Illinois
WILLIAM J. FEDERER will be in the Northern Illinois area OCTOBER 2 & 3!
This is an event that you do not want to miss! It will be two different programs at two different locations – October 2 in Rockford and October 3 in Cedarville (7 miles north of Freeport). SAVE the DATES!
William Federer, American Historian, nationally known radio and television personality, presenter, best-selling author, CEO of Amerisearch, Inc. and the popular AmericanMinute.com will present two of his popular presentations: ISLAM AND THE UNITED STATES… Lessons Learned from History & MIRACLES FROM AMERICA HISTORY.
1st Presentation: (REVISED SCHEDULE)
Sunday, October 2, 2016
9:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. – Miracles in American History Part 1 & 2
6:00 p.m. – Islam and the U.S. – Lessons Learned from History
Faith Center International
4721 S. Main Street
Monday, October 3, 2016
6:30 p.m. – Islam and the U.S. – Lessons Learned from History
(Desserts and Q & A Following)
Cedarville Community Center
450 West Washington
Cedarville, Illinois (7 miles north of Freeport – Route 26)
These historically-based programs are must-sees for all ages!
Relive America’s history and rejoice in the many times God has guided us through perilous times to win the victory! Knowledge of America’s past should guide America’s future. Lessons not learned from history are apt to be repeated themselves.
Why not invite your family and friends?
“Those who are wise will take all this to heart; they will see in our history the faithful love of the Lord.” (Psalm 107:43)
“History merely repeats itself. It has all been done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new.” (Ecclesiastes 1:9)
- Encourage your friends, family and history buffs to take a walk through American history. Forward this e-alert now so they can save the date.
- Post the flyer on social media. Spread the word!
- Encourage your pastor to place a poster in your church, advertise the event in the bulletin and/or on their website.
Please pray for:
- A reawakening to understand American history and the foundations upon which our nation was built.
- Strength to stand against those whose goal is to fundamentally change America as we know it through political correctness.
- Revival in America.
Click here for 8 ½” x 11” flyer. It can be used as a poster. Print and distribute liberally.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
It takes many hands to make CWA of Illinois an effective organization. Contact me any time to find out how you can become involved in CWA of Illinois. Consider donating by sending a check to the address below for click here to contribute now. Any amount is appreciated.
CWA of Illinois
This law forces physicians, hospitals, and crisis pregnancy centers to discuss the benefits of abortion and refer patients to abortion clinics.
“Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! (Isaiah 5:20)
SB 1564, the Health Care Right of Conscience Bill is now law.
Despite valiant efforts by pro-life organizations, agencies, legislators, and citizens; Gov. Bruce Rauner deliberately signed the bill into law July 29, 2016 as an “in the face” to those opposing it. The bill would have automatically become law that very day without his signature, adding insult to injury. As a result of his vile act, physicians, hospitals as well as crisis pregnancy centers will be forced to discuss the benefits of abortion and refer the patient to a place where they can get an abortion. Read it for yourself. It truly is unbelievable.
Thankfully the Thomas More Society is taking up the case to overturn this law in court.
Gov. Bruce Rauner ran for office as a fiscal conservative with “no social agenda”. Regrettably voters believed him. He stands accountable to God Almighty for his decision to sign a bill into law that will potentially cause unborn babies to lose their lives.
Thank you for everyone who wrote letters, signed Witness Slips, e-mailed, and called the Governor to oppose the “Health Care Right of Conscience Bill”.
Please express your gratitude to those who stood boldly for life despite the immense opposition.
As Illinois appears to sink further and further into the abyss, remember, nothing is impossible for the Lord. The government is upon His shoulders. He is in command. We must continue to stand and fight for the soul of America. If God is for us, who can be against us?
“Be strong and courageous! Don’t be afraid or discouraged … for there is a power far greater on our side! We have the Lord our God to help us and fight our battles for us.” (2 Chronicles 32:7-8)
- Pray for the Thomas More Society regularly. Pray they will be successful in overturning SB 1564 in court.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to move in the lives of our Governor, his family, and Illinois Democrat lawmakers.
- Pray the Church will rise up to publicly defend the lives of the unborn.
- Pray at-risk mothers will choose life for their baby.
- Pray for crisis pregnancy centers, pro-life doctors, etc. as they now must face the reality of disobeying their conscience. More importantly, the price of obeying God. They will be living out Acts 5:19, sometimes, on a daily basis. “But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: “We ought to obey God rather than men.” Most of us will never face this kind of decision, when it comes to the law of the land, even once in our lifetime. Pray for strength and courage for them and their families.
- Contact those that stood bravely for life. Express your gratitude by giving them a call or sending them a note or email. View the list of that that voted for and against the bill here. Here is their contact information. Contact as many as time allows.
- Contact Gov. Rauner. Respectfully let him know of your immense disappointment in him signing SB 1564, even though it didn’t need his signature to become law. Tell him that you see how his campaign statements like, “no social agenda” were nothing more than rhetoric.
It is a joy to fight these battles with you.
CWA of Illinois
Become involved in CWA of Illinois! Contact me today!
July 30, 2016 is the 60th Anniversary of “In God We Trust” being signed into law as our national motto. To recognize the anniversary, the Illinois Prayer Caucus encouraged all 102 County Boards and Commissions to recognize and reaffirm the national motto.
Many believe the phrase “In God We Trust” originated from the fourth stanza of The Star Spangled Banner penned by Francis Scott Key . . . “And this be our motto: In God is our trust.” “In God We Trust” was stamped on U.S. coins in 1864 and printed on paper currency in 1957. The motto was made official through a joint resolution by the 84th Congress and signed into law by President Dwight Eisenhower on July 30, 1956.
A big thank you goes to Chairman W. Hadley and members of the Stephenson County Board who not only passed a resolution reaffirming “In God We Trust” as the official motto of the United States, but the County Board also voted to hang a banner with the words “In God We Trust” on the front of the Stephenson County Courthouse.
If you live in the area, we encourage you to drive by the Stephenson County Courthouse in downtown Freeport to view the banner and take time to thank God for His blessings and providence over America.
“Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord.” Psalm 33:12
- Please take a minute to thank the Stephenson County Board. Simply e-mail Chairman William W. Hadley at firstname.lastname@example.org. We often only contact government officials when we are displeased. It is just as important to thank them when we are pleased. And, you can be sure that William W. Hadley is getting some kick back. I’m sure he will appreciate the encouragement immensely.
- Why not share the alert with your county board and county commissioner chairmen and encourage them to prominently display “In God We Trust” on their courthouse. Click HERE to contact them.
Pray: Thank the Lord for the representation of this rich time-honored statement. Pray other Illinois counties will recognize “In God We Trust” as well.
“Illinois to Create Official State Government Muslim Council”
SB 574 – MUSLIM AMERICAN ADVISORY COUNCIL– http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=574&GAID=13&GA=99&DocTypeID=SB&LegID=84537&SessionID=88 is on Gov. Rauner’s desk. If it becomes law, Illinois would become the first state with a law on the books that gives Muslims a formal voice in government.
The 21-volunteer member council
- would be appointed by the governor and leaders in the House and Senate.
- would advise the governor and the General Assembly on issues affecting Muslim Americans and immigrants, including relations between Illinois and Muslim-majority countries.
- would serve as liaisons between state agencies and communities across Illinois through monthly meetings and two public hearings per year.
Members would serve two-year terms to advise in areas that include higher education, business, international trade, law, immigration and health care. Staff members from certain state agencies would serve as ex-officio members.
WHY VETO SB 574?
- There are no councils to represent the interests of other faiths in Illinois. SB 754 states: “Muslims are the third largest religious group in the State of Illinois after Roman Catholics and independent Evangelical Christians.” Where are the councils to represent the other faiths?
- SB 574 violates Article One, Section three of the Illinois Constitution.
. . . No person shall be required to attend or support any ministry or place of worship against his consent, nor shall any preference be given by law to any religious denomination or mode of worship.
- Sharia Law is incompatible with the U.S. Constitution and every State Constitution.
“Muslims are the only immigrant group that comes to Western countries with a ready-made model of society and government (sharia) which they believe to be superior to what we have here, and they work to institute it”. – Pamela Geller
Tell Gov. Bruce Rauner to VETO this bill. Without a VETO, SB 574 will become law. He has 60 days, but could act sooner.
- Pray that Gov. Rauner will ‘VETO’ the Muslim American Advisory Council.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to move in the lives of our Governor, his family, and the Illinois General Assembly.
- Pray that the original intent of the Illinois U.S. Constitution will be upheld by lawmakers.
- Contact Bruce Rauner. Strongly request that he VETO SB 574.
- Urge your friends, family, and your church to contact Gov. Rauner. Tell him to ‘VETO’ SB 574.
The governor’s public comment lines are 217-782-0244 and 312-814-2121. They are not taking names and addresses – only tallies that they send to the governor at the end of each day.
Be strong and courageous! Don’t be afraid or discouraged … for there is a power far greater on our side! We have the Lord our God to help us and fight our battles for us. 2 Chronicles 32:7-8
On Monday, June 20, SB 1564, the Health Care Right of Conscience Bill, was placed on Gov. Rauner’s desk. If it becomes law, pro-life physicians, hospitals, and crisis pregnancy centers will be forced to discuss the “benefits” of abortion and refer the patient to a place where they can get an abortion.
Tell Gov. Bruce Rauner to VETO this bill. Without a VETO, SB 1564 will become law within 60 days.
Rauner ran for office as a fiscal conservative with “no social agenda.” We need to hold him to his word!
- Pray fervently that Gov. Rauner will VETO the Health Care Right of Conscience Bill.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to move in the lives of our Governor, his family, and the Illinois General Assembly.
- Pray babies are protected in the womb from those who want to murder them.
- Contact Bruce Rauner. Respectfully, yet firmly, urge him to VETO SB 1564. The governor’s public comment lines are 217-782-0244 and 312-814-2121. They are not taking names and addresses – only tallies that they send to the governor at the end of each day.
- Urge your friends, family, pregnancy centers, and your church to contact Gov. Rauner and ask him to VETO SB 1564.
Be strong and courageous! Don’t be afraid or discouraged … for there is a power far greater on our side! We have the Lord our God to help us and fight our battles for us!
“Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid nor dismayed before the king of Assyria, nor before all the multitude that is with him; for there are more with us than with him. With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the Lord our God, to help us and to fight our battles.” And the people were strengthened by the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.” (2 Chronicles 32:7-8)